Are you bored with your old smoking methods but don’t have the money to buy a dab rig? We have some good news for you. It’s not about the amount of money you spend, but the method. With some simple yet useful tools on hand, you can learn how to make a homemade dab rig!
You can buy any tool but making your own homemade dab rig will definitely save you some money to spend on more bud. Plus, if you’re only an occasional dabber, you really don’t need to buy expensive tools.
This article will guide you on how to make a homemade dab rig with things you hopefully have on-hand. Continue reading if you want to be the wiser on three different methods.
Everything You Need to Build a Dab Rig
Don’t be afraid to let your creativity skills aid you in this task. In fact, creativity is essential for making your own dab rig!
With that said, there are essential parts of this tool that you need to familiarize yourself with in order to complete the project and see to it that it works well. Here’s what you’ll need to make your own homemade dab rig:
1. Old Bong, Plastic Bottle, Mason Jar and Water Pipe
There’s no need to get fancy here. As long as it works, you’re good to go. Essential to get right, however, is the right size. Getting the size right will make it function properly.
Your pipe creates a passage for the vapor as it cools down into your chosen chamber, where the vapor becomes much cooler and cleaner when it reaches the lungs.
2. A Nail
The Nail is for vaporizing the cannabis concentrate and is situated at the end part. The nail is usually thin and long. You can choose any kind of nail based on your personal preferences – and we have more on that further down this article.
3. Dabbing Tool
A dabbing tool is an absolute necessity. You will use this tool to load and handle your concentrate.
A torch is absolutely necessary to heat your dabs with. It’s wise to get a portable torch that you can carry places, too.
A timer is a nifty tool to have for dabbing purposes. Use your stopwatch or phone if you like.
How to Make a Plastic Bottle Dab Rig
There is no reason not to recycle plastic in the shadow of today’s global climate problem and suffering ecosystems. To make things easier and safer for everyone, recycle a plastic bottle to turn into a dab rig today. A few things are needed to make your own plastic dab rig.
- Disposable water bottle
- A pen or paper clip
- A metal knife
- Butter knife
- Blow torch
- Cut your bottle in half, and not the upper half.
- Remove the cap from the bottle and let it stand on a flat surface.
- Add a piece of dabs onto your paper clip or pen.
- Now, heat up your butter knife using a blow torch.
- When you’re ready to hit your dab, place the heated knife on the slot that you have made. Watch the knife and the oil interact with each other, and then start to inhale from the top of the bottle.
How to Make a Mason Jar Dab Rig
Got some mason jars lying around the garage or somewhere? Put them to good use by turning one of them into a dab rig. All it takes is some attentive time and focus. These steps are easy to follow and going this route will definitely save you some money.
- Mason jar with lid
- Aluminum foil
- Titanium foil
- Straw / Pipe
- Two holes should be drilled on the lid of the jar and they should be lined up in uniform.
- Use the pen for the down stem. Put it into one of the holes you made on the lid.
- Now, you can insert the titanium nail into the pen that is wrapped with aluminum foil. The specific area where the lid and nail meets may also be wrapped in foil, and you can use some glue or silicone to secure the hold.
- A bendy straw can be used to serve as a water pipe. This should be placed into the other hole on your lid. Then, it needs to be wrapped with foil to make it air-tight.
- When all the parts are connected as they should be, go ahead and fill the jar with water along with your favorite concentrate on the nail and get ready to dab.
How to Make a Homemade Dab Rig with Your Old Bong
Aside from using a plastic bottle, you can recycle your old bong by turning it into a dab rig. It may even be lying around in your storage room gathering dust.
And if you don’t have bong, they are fairly easily to acquire from a friend or a garage sale. The biggest obstacle to making a dab rig out of a bong is attaching the nail to your contraption. Below are the steps to help you with that;
- The easiest way to assure nail compatibility with your bong is to attain a male-jointed nail with the same size as your bong’s mouthpiece. Banger nails in particular are more commonly made with male joints, for example. Banger nails are also ideal because they work well regardless of the angle.
- Perhaps you have a female nail and want to use that with your bong. In that case, you’ll want to invest in an adapter – even though this article is written with the intent of saving money.
- In the opinion of the experts at CTU, universal nails are real life-savers for the reasons that they work with both male and female joints! They also come in multiple sizes for convenience. If you plan to use your nail with more than one rig piece, then a universal nail is definitely the way to go.
Final Thoughts on How to Make a Homemade Dab Rig
Whether you are purchasing your 1st dab rig, or just entering connoisseurship and seeking to boost your collection, it is essential either way to understand what you want when choosing a dab rig or making one at home.
This guide on how to make a homemade dab rig is intended to be easily executable by utilizing the idle things that are lying around in your house. Instead of just letting them gather dust, why not spend some time making your own dab rig?