Let’s get straight to the secret of the best weed tincture recipe ever: Stop using heat when you are making cannabis tinctures. Why? Thanks to the oaks at Ardent Cannabis, we now have scientific testing showing how unnecessary the outdated practice of heating your tinctures really is.
Not to mention dangerous. Alcohol, grain and vapors are all too easy to start a fire with. So, join us and start learning how to make no-heat cannabis tinctures in next to no time. But first, what do we really know about no-heat cannabis tincture time and potency? Let’s have a look at why it’s chosen as the best weed tincture recipe.
New Rule: No-heat Cannabis Tincture
In a recent experiment to prove the power of no-heat cannabis tincture methods, the results were clear. After 1 hour at room-temp, over 62% cannabis extraction rate of the flower was released into the tincture. After 3 hours at room-temp, over 80% cannabis extraction rate of the flower was extracted into the tincture.
In both scenarios, the testers left the tincture mix undisturbed for the entire duration of the test. After the timer went off, the mixture was shaken for 20 seconds and then directly filtered into a container.
The result? 80% potency with no risk of setting the building on fire or anything dangerous like that. It’s a win-win situation. And you can do it too.
Lastly, but certainly not least, there is more recent research revealing the power of potency extraction by utilizing cold tincture techniques. As a preferred and proven way to do so, it just always seems to render a better tasting and more potent cannabis tincture.
Old Rule: Decarb You Flower
Before you get started, it’s imperative you decarboxylate your cannabis flowers. In this section, you will find an odorless way to decarboxylate your weed in preparation of making the best weed tincture recipe.
The reason for doing this, is because activating your cannabinoid converts it from its acid form, CBDa, into a state your cannabinoid receptors will process, CBD.
The acid state is not bad for you, in fact, it has many benefits to offer within itself. Most research points to the activated state for its therapeutic research in addition.
Remember that not all of the acid will be converted to its activated state. This is a wonderful thing for making cannabis tinctures, as it helps us create a full-spectrum cannabis tincture. Some call it the entourage effect – and it’s the primary way to reap all the therapeutic effects of the cannabinoids.
Tools to Make the Best Weed Tincture Recipe
- Strainer or cheesecloth
- Bowl or large measuring cup
- Jar or bowl to store the tincture
- Double-boiler, slow cooker, saucepan, etc.
- 1/2 pt. or 240 ml glass Mason jar
- 1/2 pt. or 240 ml dark glass jar and lid for storage
- Fine strainer or mesh cloth
- 7 grams (1/4 oz) Decarboxylated cannabis
- 5.5 oz (2/3 cup) 151-proof alcohol
- Add the cannabis and alcohol in a mason jar. Be sure to secure the lid and lightly swirl it for a good stir.
- Place your jar in the freezer. Freezing the mixture helps limit the chance that chlorophyll will leach into your tincture creating a purer and cleaner taste
- Freeze the jar for 1hr minimum; removing once or twice to lightly shake and mix the contents.
- Place the strainer and cheesecloth tightly over your bowl or jar. Then, pour the tincture mixture over the strainer, and using a rubber spatula to get all the particles out of the jar.
- Press the spatula or spoon against the mixture to push out all the alcohol. Give the cheesecloth a good squeeze into the jar.
- Transfer to dark jar, date your brew and store in cool place. Dark jar helps to preserve the mixture, and keeps the light from aging and degrading the herbal contents.
Ratings on Cannabis Tincture
A cannabis tincture is a terrific way to deliver cannabinoids to your body, avoiding the pitfalls of smoking while still inducing a desirable buzz.
With the basics of cannabis tincture covered by using a non-heating method, it’s time to move on to the most crucial stage – making your own!
Preparation is vital, thus, in addition to the key ingredients and equipment outlined above, make sure to give yourself the time and space needed to complete the process.
In Conclusion: Simply the Best
This is one of the best and easiest tincture recipes to make, especially when introducing other people to different methods of ingestion. It should and could be your go-to whenever someone is trying to move away from smoking or wants to try cannabis for the first time.
You can also infuse other herbs into this tincture if you’re looking for something more calming or energizing. Yay terpenes and happy freezing!
To learn more about extracting THC and other cannabis processing techniques, enroll in Cannabis Training University today!