Cannabis vaping products are all the rage these days, mainly due to its convenience and discretion. With the growing interest and consumption of cannabis E-juice, folks from all corners are keen to experiment with different flavors, CBD and THC concentrations.
At CTU, people are always asking if they can make THC vape juice at home. To answer your question, yes, it’s totally possible! And when it comes to the best cannabis E-juice recipe, we’ve got you covered in this article. But first, let’s take a look at why it’s such a good idea.
Why Make Your Own Cannabis E-juice?
Learning to make your own e-liquid is a worthwhile endeavor, as it offers the same level of satisfaction as cannabis crafting your own extracts and tinctures. Making e-liquid at home also contributes to peace of mind, as you know exactly what you’re putting into your body.
Store-bought e-liquid from unreliable companies have a likeliness to get contaminated in much the same way that cannabis flowers can have pesticides. There’s no way to tell exactly what’s in something unless it’s been lab tested or simply made by yourself.
You’ll also save loads of money if you buy what you need in bulk or grow your own buds!
In this article, we would like to share a cannabis E-juice recipe that results in a more potent kind of e-liquid. So, make sure to keep your working space well ventilated.
Necessary Equipment & Ingredients
- Glass dropper bottles
- Latex gloves
- Blunt tip syringes for measurement
- Vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol
- 6 grams of Quality cannabis
- High-proof grain alcohol for example Everclear
- Mason jars
- Shrimp net
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Cooking pot
General Tips for Success
- Use strictly, and only 100% USP- food grade Vegetable Glycerin and Propelyn Glycol.
- Use a Syringe to measure the liquids properly.
- Use a Shrimp net, fine sieve, or pantyhose to strain your liquid. Press out all the liquid without waste. A cheesecloth or tea towel will absorb some of the juice, which isn’t good.
- Use a strong mason jar and make sure you start with cold water so it doesn’t shatter.
- Store your cannabis E-juice in a cool, dark place, and use in any vape pen or e-cigarette you wish. It will last up to 12 months
Guidelines & Instructions
- The first step for to succeed in this cannabis E-juice recipe is to decarboxylate your cannabis – in order to convert the THC-A in fresh cannabis to THC. When making cannabis edibles, e-liquids, and tinctures, this process is necessary, whereas with vaporization and combustion it occurs naturally. E-liquid vaporization temperatures may not get hot enough to do this, thus, decarboxylation is essential.
- The next thing to do is place some aluminum foil on a baking sheet and then spread your freshly ground bud evenly on the foil. Then, place it in the oven at 225-250F for 15 minutes. After this, your bud should be relatively dry.
- The next step is to take your decarboxylated bud, place it in a mason jar, and then add some high-proof Everclear until your buds are mostly covered by the alcohol. Then, fill a pot with about 5ml of water.
- Place the mason jar in the pot. This creates a double boilwhich prevents you from overheating the alcohol to prevent flammability. Next, turn on your stove vent. Maybe open a window for good measure. For the next step, ensure your stove is well ventilated.
- In this step, you want to boil off some of the alcohol while continually stirring your cannabis. While you do this, the alcohol soaks up THC from the buds. Boil-off just enough alcohol so that your bud is still submerged, not overdoing it. Remember, the more bud you use in the recipe, the darker the liquid will be in color.
- After you’ve boiled off some of the alcohol, add more to your jar – enough to return it to its original level.
- At this stage, you’re ready to filter your product, so grab some shrimp netting and cover your second jar with it.
- Then pour your mixture into the second jar, and make sure to squeeze as much alcohol as you can out of the bud.
- Reboil some water with the new jar in it. Now boil off the Everclear to about 5ml.
- Next, add about 20ml of the propylene glycol (PG) to your mix. The liquid should end up with a dark greenish-brown color. You can dilute it with more PG food-grade vegetable glycerin if desired.
Important Sidenote on Quality
Simply put: Grow your best and get the best supplies. By starting out with the best materials and cannabis possible, you’ll achieve the best results. Also spend some time identifying the ideal source of VG – apart from the best cannabis flowers that can be grown or bought. Note, different strains and their relative flavors have an impact on the overall E-juice flavor!
Concluding Remarks on DIY Cannabis E-juice Recipe
Making e-liquids at home is relatively easy, but not without risk. Keep in mind that working with hot oil can potentially be dangerous, so be sure to handle with care.
Also, it’s only wise to ensure that all of the ingredients you use are food-grade and certified. If you use common sense and take care, you’ll have your own magnificent stash of vape juice made from this cannabis E-juice recipe in no time!