While you may be too old to dress up for Halloween to go trick-or-treating, you may be old enough to enjoy the euphoric and relaxing high from cannabis-infused halloween treats.
If you want to go all out for All Hallows’ Eve, check out these 4 cannabis-infused recipes that are frighteningly easy to make. Bone appetit!
Disclaimer: All cannabis infused recipes listed here are intended for consumption by adults of legal age (varies by location). Label all cannabis-infused treats and keep them stored away from children and pets.
4 Cannabis Infused Recipes
1. Bloody Mary Syringes
Prepare to have a bloody good time with these cannabis infused bloody mary syringes.
- Food-safe syringes
- Cannabis tincture
- 1 cup of tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 oz of vodka
- ½ tablespoon of horseradish
- 1 teaspoon of hot sauce (Tabasco, Cholula, etc.)
- Juice of ¼ of a lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, vigorously whisk together the cannabis tincture, vodka, Worcestershire, tomato juice, pepper, lemon juice, hot sauce, and horseradish to ensure all ingredients are mixed together evenly.
- Fill the food-safe syringes with the bloody mary mixture and place them in a refrigerator to chill.
- Serve cold and enjoy in moderation.
2. Cannabis Infused Mummy Hot Dogs
We won’t keep this recipe under wraps. You won’t be able to get enough of these buttery, flaky, and savory morsels.
- 1 can of crescent dough (8 oz)
- 12 hot dogs
- 2 tablespoons of melted cannabutter
- 3 thin slices of American or cheddar cheese
- Mustard or ketchup (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Unroll the crescent dough, separate it into 4 rectangles, and pinch together the perforations.
- Cut the crescent dough rectangles lengthwise into thin strips.
- Cut each slice of cheese into 4 strips.
- Place a hot dog on top of a strip of cheese and wrap a crescent dough strip completely around the hot dog to look like bandages. About 4 pieces of crescent row strips per hot dog should be enough. Repeat the process for all hot dogs.
- Place the mummy hot dogs on top of your baking sheet and parchment paper and brush each hot dog with the melted cannabutter.
- Bake the mummy hot dogs for about 12 to 15 minutes until the crescent dough is light golden brown .
- Use mustard to add facial features to your mummy hot dog.
- Dip in mustard or ketchup (“blood”) and enjoy.
3. Halloween Cannabis Ghost Cookies
Lift your spirits with these scrumptious Halloween ghost cookies.
For the cookie dough
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour, and more for flouring the surface
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of kosher salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) of softened cannabutter
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon of milk
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- Ghost cookie cutter (optional)
For the white icing
- 3 cups of powdered sugar
- ¼ cup of light corn syrup
- ¼ cup of milk, and more for thinning the icing
- ¼ teaspoon of almond or vanilla extract
- Black food coloring
- In a large bowl, combine the salt, baking powder, and flour.
- In a separate large bowl, vigorously stir the butter and sugar. Combine the milk, vanilla, and egg. Add the flour mixture slowly into the bowl until combined. Shape the dough into a thin circular shape, wrap it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1 hour .
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Flour the surface before rolling out the dough to about ⅛ inch in thickness. Use your ghost cookie cutter or cut out the ghost cookie shape by hand. If any dough is left, use it to make more cookies. Place the cookies on the baking sheets and freeze for about 10 minutes.
- Bake the cookies for about 8 to 10 minutes until their exterior is a light golden color. Allow the cookies to cool completely.
- To make the icing, mix the powdered sugar, milk, corn syrup, and almond or vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Set apart about ¼ of the icing in a separate small bowl and add the black food coloring.
- Add about half of the white icing into a piping bag 2ith a round tip. Pipe the edges of each cookie.
- With the leftover white icing, add about a teaspoon of milk at a time to slightly thin out the icing. The idea is to create a runnier consistency for easier application on the cookie. Place the thinned icing in a separate piping bag with a round tip and fill in the centers of the ghost cookies. Allow the cookies to set for about 15 minutes.
- Add the black icing into a separate piping bag with a round tip and pipe the eyes and mouths of the ghost.
4. Cannabis Infused Dead Velvet Cake
It will be love at first bite with this fang-tastic dead velvet cake recipe.
- 1 box of pre-packaged red velvet cake and the required ingredients listed on the box
- 2 8 oz packages of softened cream cheese
- 1 stick of softened cannabutter
- 2 ¼ cups of powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ cup of cold water
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- ½ cup of light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Red food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Butter and flour two 9 inch cake pans. Follow the cake mix directions on the box to create the mix. Divide the prepared cake mix in half into each cake pan. Follow the baking instructions.
- To make the cream cheese frosting, beat the cannabutter and cream cheese in a large bowl until the consistency is light and fluffy. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla and mix until all ingredients are combined.
- To make the blood, add the cold water and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Turn the heat on to medium and add in the corn syrup. Allow the mixture to simmer and frequently stir for 2 minutes. Remove the saucepan from the heat and add in the vanilla and red food coloring and stir.
- Place the cakes on flat plates and remove the dome of the cake on both cakes. Place one on top of the other.
- Add the cream cheese frosting around the outside of the cake ensuring that the top is smooth. Pour the blood mixture over the top and allow some of it to drip down the sides for an extra spooky effect. Stick a big knife in the middle to serve.
Continue Your Cannabis Culinary Journey
Cannabis infused recipes can make an appearance in every one of your holiday meals. Enrolling in Cannabis Training University’s online marijuana college can give you the knowledge you need to safely and effectively infuse cannabis into any food or drink.