In this guide on how to make THC candy, we share several methods of making cannabis-infused candy depending on the type of candy you desire. Do you want soft or hard or gummies?
Whatever your gummy or candy requirements, we’ve got the candy-cooking part covered right here. But first, there’s a few things you should know.
What to Know Before Cooking THC Candy
If you’re a newbie with making cannabis candy, then the first thing to consider is potency. Bearing in mind that the effect of edibles is quite different from smoking or vaping cannabis, you will have to choose your potency.
Besides potency, when it comes to edible THC recipes, make sure that you have all the required ingredients on hand before diving into the process.
The majority of THC candy recipes use either decarboxylated cannabis concentrate and/or cannabis tinctures. The latter is needed for all of the recipes we narrate in this guide on how to make THC candy.
Notes on Potency
To help you figure out exactly how to make THC candy the right way, we’ve included this section as a guide. Cannabis edibles are often found in intervals of THC: 5 mg, 10 mg, 20 mg, 40 mg, 80 mg, and 100 mg.
While veteran consumers and medical patients may need a high dose, more inexperienced users are best off with 5mg or 10mg doses.
It is wise to familiarize yourself with edibles and know how your body reacts to different doses. Even some experienced cannabis consumers choose to consume small doses (usually 3-7 mg). Similarly, some medical patients find that micro-dosing is more effective.
How to Make THC Candy or Lollipops
Follow this recipe and use creativity to start experimenting with new flavors, colors, and shapes. Keep in mind, that cannabis candy is cooked at a very high temperature so it gets extremely sticky, so never touch the hard candy with your bare hands.
- Candy molds, lollipop molds or baking tray
- Candy thermometer
- 2 – 3 tbsp cannabis tincture 500mg THC
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 tsp flavored extract optional
- food coloring optional
- In a medium sauce pan mix together the sugar, syrup and water.
- Let it come to a boil and slowly stir mixture until around 250F.
- Once it reaches 250F, you need to stop stirring and let it come to approximately 305F. (This happens quick)
- Once your hard candy mixture is at around 305F, remove it from the heat.
- Add the cannabis tincture, flavor extract and food coloring. Make sure to stir them up and poor into your candy mold.
- Let the cannabis candies cool down and harden before removing it from the mold.
- Enjoy your canna candies!
Notes on Making Lollipops
Regarding how to make THC candy in lollipop form, the key factor to making the most delicious lollipops is temperature.
While making lollipops only requires 5 ingredients as shared in the above recipe, it's not something you can set and forget about. You have to keep a close eye on your thermometer throughout the entire setting process.
As an interesting note on the hardness of your candy and how it is attained; there is a certain stage in the THC candy and lollipop process which is pivotal.
During this stage, it’s crucial to heat your organic sugar, corn syrup and water up to 300 degrees Fahrenheit. This temperature actually enhardens the candy.
With the above said, the tricky part about THC infused lollipops is that you similarly have to let it cool down to about 250 degrees Fahrenheit so the incredible healing compounds in your cannabis tincture do not go to waste.
This makes it a little messy to deal with since by now, the liquid candy is incredibly sticky. As far as possible, don’t touch the stickiness with your hands.
How to Make THC Gummies
Some of the most popular cannabis edibles include THC infused gummy bears. This is arguably so because of the simplicity of the recipe, the deliciousness, and how quickly they can be made.
If you’ve ever wondered how to make cannabis gummies but don’t know where to start, you’ve arrived at the right place. This recipe is going to require around 40 – 55 minutes of your time, in turn for some magic.
- Cooking Pot
- Gummy bear mold
- Plain unflavored gelatin
- 1 pack of flavored gelatin/jello mix (85g)
- 1/2 teaspoon sunflower/ soy lecithin
- THC-infused coconut oil
- Turn your stove on low heat. In a pot, add the water, the cannabis-infused coconut oil, and the sunflower/soy lecithin.
- Continue stirring the mixture until it has a consistent texture and all is melted completely. Now, add in the flavored gelatin and the unflavored gelatin while continuing to stir.
- Whisk extensively on low heat for 10-15 minutes until the gelatin is completely dissolved – avoiding boiling point. At this point, make sure that all the ingredients are thoroughly combined. Don’t stop stirring.
- While leaving the pot on the element, start filling up the gummy bear molds with a dropper. It’s pivotal at this point to move fast, otherwise the oil may separate in the pot. Continue whisking throughout the pouring process otherwise the mixture may start to harden and stop binding.
- Put the gummy bear molds into the freezer for 20-25 minutes to properly set.
- Immediately enjoy one or two and off to THC gummy land you go!