Should you use sativa or indica for anxiety? Marijuana can be immensely helpful for anxiety. THC combined with other terpenes and cannabinoids lessens anxiety levels in a number of people. Figuring out whether you benefit from Sativa or Indica effects is quite important.
Using marijuana for anxiety can impact your life positively in a number of ways. Anxiety can impact falling asleep at night and is one of the main culprits for insomnia. Understanding the effects of certain strains can allow you to consume appropriately whether you are smoking on cartridege or eating Sativa gummies.
Below we will highlight what you need to know about managing your anxiety with marijuana.
FAQs On Weed Strains
Weed is going to become more mainstream as it becomes federally legal. With that being said, politicians have promised to legalize marijuana with no success for a number of years. State laws are the ones that are enforced with more states annually legalizing medical and recreational marijuana.
- Does Sativa make you sleepy or hyper? Sativa strains are known to give an individual an uplifted mood along with a bit of energy. These strains are usually the best for those that like to start their day with some marijuana.
- Does Indica make you tired? Indica strains tend to relax the consumer and can help battle things like insomnia. Clearing your schedule after consumption can be a great idea when smoking a pure Indica like Bubba Kush.
- Is weed good for anxiety? Certain strains of cannabis can be helpful when it comes to decreasing anxiety. There are some strains that can increase anxiety through paranoia if you consume too much. You can always consume more but cannot consume less when you are already too high.
- What should you do when you are too high? The first thing to remember when you are too high is that you are not overdosing on marijuana. Getting a glass of water and turning on music to get yourself outside of your own head can help. If taking edibles, wait for them to hit you before redosing to avoid getting too high.
- How strong is weed now when compared to the past? Weed has been in popular culture for years. Weed is so much stronger than in the past that it can be up to 5 times stronger than just a few decades ago.
Sativa or Indica for Anxiety: Strains That Can Help You Manage Your Anxiety
Blue Dream is great as it helps a person truly relax their body and mind. This strain is a creeper which means that you can get extremely high due to consuming too much as you didn’t feel the high at first.
Sour Diesel is the ultimate wake and bake strain with a classic in the cannabis community. This strain can be perfect for creatives like that of writers or artists. Expect a boost of energy with this strain which is why so many people enjoy this strain in the morning.
Girl Scout Cookies has THC levels that can reach 28 percent which makes it a popular strain to create hybrids. GSC is a relaxing strain that will wipe any anxious thoughts from your mind without completely sedating you. Even with this strain being difficult to grow, it is one of the most popular strains that has been bred in the last decade.
OG Kush is a classic strain that originated in Southern California so it thrives in climates similar to this area of the country. Expect to have your mood uplifted and your mind cleared of any negative thoughts. The fact that this strain can have up to 25 percent THC makes it a potent way to relieve your stress.
The best terpenes for anxiety are Myrcene and Linalool. Myrcene can put the mind and body at ease. Linalool's fragrance can help sooth the body and it even can help reduce pain signals in the body. Looking at the lab tests can help you see the terpene profile of each product you purchase.
Terpenes can also give you a burst of energy and even help if you have an upset stomach. Terpene profiles also give marijuana its taste and aroma. This can allow you to find a terpene that provides you relief and also helps feed your sweet tooth.
Growing Your Own Marijuana for Anxiety
Learning whether sativa or indica for anxiety is better for you is an important step in your journey to find relief. There might be a few strains that actually increase your anxiety which you will want to avoid. The worst strains for anxiety could be Sativas as they tend to make people a bit paranoid.
The first step to grow the best marinuaan for your anxiety and your lifestyle is finding quality seeds. Making the choice between a hybrid vs Indica vs Sativa strains is one you will have to make. The best strains for anxiety and focus could be hybrids due to having a diverse background.
Growing marijuana takes experience as certain strains can be immensely sensitive during the growing process. Some strains are easily grown. The right soil mixture, light setup, and seeds are a great place to start when growing indoors.
Growing marijuana outdoors can be quite a bit harder as you cannot control the weather. Finding strains that thrive in your climate and conditions in your local area are important. OG Kush does well in conditions that aren’t too humid while Triangle Kush thrives in humid conditions due to first being bred in Florida.
CTU has the best online marijuana growing classes available. Being able to learn to grow quality cannabis from home is convenient and is also a skill that can come in handy. Our faculty has decades of experience in various niches of the cannabis industry. Learn from our professionals as it can help you get a job in an industry that you truly love.