TABLE OF CONTENTS
Nowadays, many people turn to cannabis products to experience a feeling of altered reality, and it is also gaining attention due to its' potential benefits. There are many components of cannabis, and they all produce various effects.
In recent years, more people have been wondering how long delta 8 remains detectable in their system since delta 8 products offer great therapeutic benefits. It can be a complicated topic, but worth learning more about to avoid any problems.
What is Delta 8 THC?
Delta 8 THC is one of the many components of cannabis. It’s not as psychoactive as delta 9 THC, yet it does produce the high feeling, unlike CBD. It’s also known as delta 8 tetrahydrocannabinol, and concentrated amounts of delta 8 THC come from hemp-derived CBD.
People taking delta 8 usually don’t experience anxiety from it, since it’s not potent and doesn’t have high levels of THC.
The effects of delta 8 include relaxation, feelings of happiness, stress relief, and anxiety reduction. These effects make delta 8 a good treatment for mental health problems like anxiety, depression, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
Also, it’s worth mentioning that delta 8 THC has benefits for physical health as well. It reduces inflammation, pain, nausea and vomiting. People also experience improved quality of sleep after taking delta 8 THC.
How Long Does Delta 8 Remain in The Body?
There are several factors affecting the elimination of delta 8 from the body.
Get our top rated STRAIN GUIDE!
- Metabolism. It’s the main factor that’s in charge of delta 8 elimination. If you have a fast metabolism, it won’t take long for delta 8 THC to leave your body.
- Body Weight. It’s another factor that plays a huge role, since fat cells can store delta 8 THC. The higher body weight you have, the longer delta 8 THC will retain in your system.
- Dosage. People taking high doses of delta 8 retain the compound in their system for longer, so it’s important to keep the dosage in mind.
- Frequency of Use. Besides the dosage, frequency of use also affects the retention of delta 8 THC. It can take longer for delta 8 to leave the body of a constant user than just a beginner.
- Method of Consumption. There’s a variety of delta 8 THC products, from capsules and edibles to topicals and vape cartridges. The inhalation of delta 8 THC, for instance, provides a faster elimination from the body compared to edibles.
- Certain Medications. It’s not recommended to use delta 8 THC with other medications since they can interact negatively, and they also affect the retention of delta 8 THC in the body.
In some people delta 8 THC can still be detected in the body after 30 days after consumption, and in others, delta 8 isn't detectable after two days. So it’s important to consider the factors mentioned above.
Various drug tests can have different results. For instance, the urine test may not reveal delta 8 after four days, yet the hair follicle test can detect it even three months after the last use. If you’re willing to accelerate that process, you can drink a lot of water and detoxing beverages, it can help you eliminate it faster from your system.
There are over 300,000 jobs in the cannabis industry. CTU trained me for one of them!
- Johanna Rose
Makes $24.50 @ THC +
Final Thoughts on How Long Does Delta 8 Stay in Your System
With the increasing popularity of delta 8 THC products, people's curiousity about it showing up in drug tests are high. Many factors affect it, including metabolism, body weight, dosage, frequency of use, method of consumption, and certain medications.
Keeping those in mind can help you avoid having any problems and get the best experience from using delta 8 THC.