TABLE OF CONTENTS
Eating cannabis candy is a fun and delicious way to satisfy your sweet tooth and enjoy all the benefits of the plant’s active ingredients. Make your own infused sweet treats at home with our cannabis cooking guide featuring how to make THC candy for gummies and lollipops.
What Is THC Candy?
Enjoy the intoxicating and therapeutic benefits of cannabis’ delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) compound as a sweet and sugary treat. THC candy is any candy infused with the plant's THC compound, which produces a euphoric high.
THC candy can come in various textures, such as soft and chewy gummies or brittle and hard lollipops.
Popular types of candy include:
- Chewing gum
- Cotton candy
Candy is usually made by dissolving sugar in a milk or water base. Its texture, sweetness, and form depend on the ingredients and cooking techniques used.
Essentially, you can substitute regular oil and butter for cannabis-infused versions or extracts and tinctures. Simply by substituting your THC butter or oil in a candy recipe, you can create a potent and sweet concoction for adults of legal age.
What You Need to Make Marijuana Candy
Making weed candy requires a bit of preparation that differs from making THC-free candy.
Here are a few things you need to consider before you start your weed candy recipe.
Choose a Cannabis Strain
Choose a cannabis strain with your desired cannabinoid and terpene content. You will be using the bud’s or extract’s cannabinoids and terpenes as ingredients in your weed candy recipes, so you want to make sure that you choose the right strain for you.
Decarboxylate Your Weed
If you are starting with cannabis flower buds, kief, or hash, you will need to decarboxylate the plant material. Decarboxylation is a process that involves heating raw cannabis to activate its acidic cannabinoids such as THCA and CBDA into its main compounds, THC and CBD, respectively.
Make Cannabutter or Canna-Oil
Weed Lollipops and Hard Candy Recipe
This weed hard candy recipe does not suck.
You do not need to make cannabutter or cannabis oil for this one. All you need is a few tablespoons of cannabis tincture to make your weed lollipops.
Create your weed lollipops with your favorite flavor and colors. It's all up to you!
Yields: 8 lollipops
- Cannabis tincture (varies depending on your desired potency)
- 1 cup of sugar
- ¼ cup of water
- ½ cup of light corn syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoon of flavoring extract
- Food coloring (optional)
- Candy thermometer
- Hard candy or lollipop mold (optional)
- Lollipop sticks (optional)
- Lollipop bags and twist ties (optional)
- Lightly spray the candy molds with a non-stick cooking spray. Stick the lollipop sticks into the mold.
- In a medium saucepan, add the corn syrup, sugar, water and set on medium-high heat. Stir the contents of the saucepan until the sugar dissolves.
- When the mixture begins to boil, check the temperature with your candy thermometer. Do not stir while it is boiling until it reaches 300º F, it's hard-crack stage.
- Take the saucepan off of the heat and let it sit until it stops bubbling. Here is where you can add your food coloring, flavoring extract, and cannabis tincture.
- Use a spoon to transfer the hard candy mixture from the saucepan into your lollipop molds. Ensure the top of the stick is covered with the mixture.
- Allow the candy to cool for about 10 minutes. Then, you can remove your weed lollipops from your mold.
Weed Gummy Recipe
As far as marijuana candy goes, weed gummies are some of the most popular products available. You can make gummies from the comfort of your home. Just make sure to keep them properly labeled and stored away from children and pets.
It's all about the bare necessities. This cannabis-infused gummy bear recipe is all you need.
Yields: 90 to 100 (about 7-10mg per gummy)
- 1 gram of cannabis extract
- 3 oz of flavored gelatin
- 2 ml of high-proof alcohol
- 2 g of unflavored gelatin
- ⅓ cup of water
- ¼ cup of corn syrup
- ¼ teaspoon of citric acid
- Gummy bear molds (100 bears)
- Dissolve the extract in warm alcohol.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Gently stir in the water and corn syrup.
- Allow the mixed ingredients to rest for about 5 minutes, and then microwave the bowl for 30 seconds.
- Add the extract and alcohol mixture.
- Microwave the bowl for 2 minutes while stirring the mixture gently every 15 seconds.
- Allow the mixture to cool for about 15 minutes and stir it every few minutes.
- Lightly spray the gummy bear molds with non-stick cooking spray.
- Slowly pour the gummy bear mixture into the molds.
- Refrigerate them for about an hour.
- Remove the bears from the molds and allow them to dehydrate at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Learn How to Make THC Candy at CTU
Now that you know how to make edible THC candy, learn how to make a variety of cannabis-infused foods and beverages by enrolling at Cannabis Training University. Our online-based training institute is available to students around the world. Get your start as a cannabis chef with CTU.