TABLE OF CONTENTS
It’s not magic, it’s the Magical Butter Machine. If you are interested in making cannabis infusions, this innovative device can simplify the process. Its all-in-one functionality saves you time without sacrificing quality.
Our comprehensive review breaks down the features, pros and cons, and FAQs about one of the top countertop botanical extractors.
What Is the MagicalButter Machine?
The Magical Butter Machine is marketed as the world’s first countertop botanical extractor. It allows you to infuse your favorite plants and herbs into butter, oil, tinctures, and topicals.
The machine does most of the heavy lifting using its immersion blender, programmable digital thermostat, and heating unit.
How the MagicalButter Machine works:
It’s as easy as selecting between one of the desired four temperature settings and time intervals to create a cannabis-infused butter or oil.
The MB2e MagicalButter Machine comes with a complete kit to get you started. Here is everything you will find inside the box:
- Magical glove
- Purify micron filter 190
- Magical Cookbook
- Owner’s manual
- 110v power cord
How to Use the MagicalButter Machine
No matter how good your cooking skills are, the Magical Butter Machine makes the process much simpler.
It’s as easy as plugging in and turning on the cannabutter machine, loading the decarbed cannabis, and selecting the time and temperature.
Depending on the type of infusion you will be making, the process may be slightly different. Here is how the Magical Butter Machine is used.
Before you use the device, you will need to decarboxylate the plant material. Also known as decarbing, this process involves heating your flower buds, trim, or kief in the oven at 250º F.
Place the bud on an even layer on a baking sheet or inside the Magical Butter DecarBox and heat for about 30 minutes.
Make a variety of cannabis infusions with the Magical Butter Machine. For cannabis-infused butter, you will need 14 to 28 grams (one-half to one ounce of cannabis), 2 to 5 cups of unsalted and softened butter (clarified butter or ghee works better), and one tablespoon of lecithin per cup of butter.
When making cannabis-infused oil, you will be using the same amount of ingredients used in butter, but you will replace the butter with an oil full of healthy fats like coconut, sesame, olive, walnut, grapeseed, avocado, and sunflower oil. Canola, vegetable, and peanut oils are not recommended.
Select your desired temperature (130º F, 160º F, 190º F, or 220º F). Then, choose the time interval from the presets (1 hour – Oil, 2 hours – butter, 4 hours – tincture, 8 hours). Once you have selected your time and temperature, the machine will start grinding, heating, stirring, and steeping the ingredients.
Once the machine has completed its cycle, you must unplug the cannabutter maker and open the top. With the Magical glove, carefully pour the mixture into the micron filter and then the silicone molds or storage containers. We recommend opaque and airtight containers for your infusions.
Cleaning this weed butter maker only requires you to add some water and a bit of dish soap inside the weed butter machine while unplugged. Then, you plug it back in, close the lid, and press the Clean mode.
It does most of the hard work. After it's done cleaning itself, rinse and dry the device. Throughout the process, ensure you do not get the electrical or black-colored parts wet.
Pros of the Magical Butter Machine
- 4 temperature settings: Choose from the device’s temperature settings to preserve the plant’s cannabinoids and terpenes.
- Self-cleaning: After you are done with your recipe, the device can clean itself with a bit of water and dish soap.
- Self-stir and grind: No need to grind or stir your bud. The machine saves you time by doing it all for you.
- Minimal odor: Compared to other infusion methods, the Magical Butter Machine does not produce a pungent odor during the process. It is perfect for those who do not want the smell in their home or to annoy neighbors.
- Versatile: Make your favorite cannabis infusions, including weed butter, cannabis-infused coconut oil, marijuana tinctures, infused lotions, and other botanical infusions.
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed and 1-year warranty: You can get your money back if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase. A 1-year warranty ensures you get a free repair or replacement.
- Delicious recipes: Follow recipes from the included cookbook or refer to our 10 awesome Magical Butter Machine recipes to make gummies, teriyaki sauce, honey, sugar, and so much more.
Cons of the MagicalButter Machine
- Does not decarboxylate: The device does not activate the plant’s cannabinoids. You must decarboxylate the material in the oven before using the machine. The DecarBox is a handy tool that makes the process simpler and easier.
- Noisy blender: While the machine efficiently prepares a cannabis infusion, it can be loud during the stirring process, although not any louder than a traditional food processor.
- Works best with large volumes: The device performs better with large batches of at least two cups of material over smaller volumes.
- High cost: For some users, the machine’s price may be too high, especially if you don’t make edibles often. However, if it is within your budget and you cook with cannabis regularly, it is an excellent value for the price.
If you want to simplify the cannabis cooking process, the Magical Butter Machine is right for you. Even if your cooking skills are not that great, this tabletop extractor empowers you to make a variety of infused oils to make cannabutter, edibles, tinctures, lotions, and so much more.