TABLE OF CONTENTS
Cannabis can be infused into any food or drink, including cakes of all flavors. Whether you're a fan of chocolate cake, strawberry cheesecake, or carrot cake, there's a marijuana cake recipe for you. Here, we’ll show you how to make and store a marijuana cake.
How to Make a Marijuana Cake
Green Dragon tincture is concentrated oil extracted with alcohol. The alcohol acts as a solvent to dissolve trichomes from the rest of the cannabis plant. In this marijuana cake recipe, we create a green dragon liqueur from an alcohol-based tincture to create this ultra-potent treat.
This cannabis cake recipe uses pre-made cake and pudding mixes and tinctures, making it foolproof for bakers of all skill levels.
Strength: Strong to mind-blasting
- 1 package of your choice of cake mix
- 3.5 oz package of instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups of green dragon liqueur
- Combine half a cup of cannabis alcohol tincture, half a cup of simple syrup, and 1 cup of water. Stir over low heat until uniform.
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 325º F.
- Grease and flour a 9×13-inch pan
- Mix the cake and pudding mixes
- In another bowl, beat the eggs, oil, water, and one cup of green dragon liqueur.
- Combine the cake and pudding mix with eggs, oil, water, and green dragon liqueur and beat until they’re well mixed
- Pour the batter on top.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for 5 minutes.
- Poke holes in the top of the cake and spoon liqueur over it. Every piece of cake will contain about 5 milliliters of cannabis tincture.
How to Infuse Your Favorite Cake Recipe with Cannabutter
If you have a favorite cake recipe or want to try one out, you can easily infuse it with cannabis by replacing standard butter or oil with cannabutter or cannabis oil. To make a weed cake, you can use clarified butter, avocado oil, coconut oil, canola oil, and more.
Make the ultimate pot brownies!
Further Reading: How to Make Cannabutter at Home
Cannabutter can be made in an oven, stovetop, or slow cooker, depending on your preference. You can use either ground weed or concentrate to add potency to the butter. We recommend using unsalted clarified butter because of the high-fat content that binds to more cannabinoids.
How to Keep Your Marijuana Cake Fresh
Cakes, whether a marijuana chocolate cake or rum cake, can last several days at room temperature unless it’s hot where you live. If that’s the case, you can put it in the fridge during the day when it’s hottest.
Cannabis cakes can be stored between 2 to 7 days in the refrigerator if kept in an airtight container, depending on the frosting and filling ingredients. Covering the cake with plastic or other containers prevents it from absorbing different smells and drying out.
Cakes can be kept in the freezer for several months.
There are over 300,000 jobs in the cannabis industry. CTU trained me for one of them!
- Johanna Rose
Makes $24.50 @ THC +
Safe Consumption Tips to Prevent Greening Out
You've made a delicious cake and want to enjoy the fruits of your labor. Keep these safe consumption tips in mind when eating weed cake to have a great experience:
- Start with a low dose of about 2.5, 5, or 10 milligrams, depending on your tolerance. Wait a couple of hours before the effects kick in before consuming any more. Effects can last up to 8 hours.
- Properly label your weed edibles to warn other people. Practice safe storage and keep it away from children and pets.
- Avoid mixing cannabis with alcohol since this can significantly increase intoxication levels and cause dizziness, confusion, nausea, and anxiety.
- If you do happen to overconsume cannabis, remain calm. Effects will subside in a matter of hours. Find a safe and comfortable space where you can relax and sober up from weed.
Enroll in Cannabis Cooking Classes
Cannabis Training University’s Master of Cannabis certification program can prepare you for a career in cannabis cooking. Even if you just want to cook at home, we provide a wide range of infused recipes and step-by-step instructions on how to grow and cook weed