TABLE OF CONTENTS
No bake edibles are edible recipes that are not meant to be baked in the oven. No bake recipes are easy to follow, quick to do, and delicious. Keep in mind, some no bake recipes can require using the stovetop or microwave.
If you want to learn how to make easy and delicious no bake edibles with cannabutter, we have got a few recipes to keep you and your buddies satisfied and feeling good.
How to Make Cannabutter
It all starts with a properly infused cannabutter that contains the plant’s active ingredients. There are a variety of ways to make cannabutter ranging from crock-pot to stovetop methods.
Generally, it is easier to make cannabutter in a crock-pot but making it on the stovetop works too. You can also use specialty devices like the Magical Butter Machine to simplify the herbal infusion process.
(SAVE 20% OFF A MAGICAL BUTTER MACHINE WITH COUPON CODE CTU)
In addition, you can use a wide range of cannabis material including high-quality and resin-rich flower buds or lower potency and leftover cannabis trim, leaves, and stems. Keep in mind, when decarboxylating cannabis you will need an oven.
Here, we include a recipe on how to make cannabutter and 3 easy no-bake recipes for cookies, cake, and cheesecake! Feel free to substitute unsalted butter for cannabutter as needed to lower the potency of the edibles.
Here is what you will need to make cannabutter:
- 1 gram of high-quality flower buds
- Baking sheet
- Wooden spoon
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup water
- Small saucepan or pot
- Cheesecloth or strainer
- Storage container
Here is how you can make cannabutter on a stovetop:
- Preheat your oven to about 240º F. Place your cannabis material on a baking sheet or oven-safe tray. Lining the tray with aluminum foil can prevent the buds from sticking onto the baking sheet.
- Bake the cannabis for around 30 or 40 minutes. Decarboxylation activates the plant’s bioactive compounds such as cannabinoids and terpenes.
- Grind the decarboxylated cannabis buds.
- Put the water and the butter in a pot and heat it until the butter is melted.
- Pour the cannabis into the pot and consistently stir while the pot is over medium heat. Allow the mixture to simmer for about 3 hours.
- Strain the mixture using a cheesecloth to separate the infused butter from the plant material. Pour the contents into a separate container.
- Place your storage container in the refrigerator to allow it to solidify.
Slow Cooker Method
Here is how you can make cannabutter with a slow cooker:
- Follow step one from the recipe above to decarboxylate your cannabis material.
- Grind up your baked cannabis.
- Set the crockpot on its lowest setting and ensure it does not go above 200º F since this can destroy cannabinoids and lower the potency of the cannabutter.
- Place the butter and cannabis in the crock pot and stir after the first hour and then every few hours after that. The infusion can be left cooking for up to 14 hours.
- Strain the mixture to separate the butter and cannabis material.
- Let the cannabutter cool for about 3 hours in the slow cooker.
Note: If you are looking for a vegan version, check out our blog post on how to make vegan cannabutter using coconut oil.
No Bake Edibles With Cannabutter Recipes
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 2 cups of sugar
- 8 tablespoons of cannabutter
- ½ cup of milk
- ¼ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups of rolled oats
- 1 cup of peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon of pure vanilla extract
- Big pinch of salt
How to Make No Bake Cannabis Cookies
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper.
- In a saucepan, boil the cannabutter, milk, cocoa, and sugar over medium heat. Stir occasionally. Allow the mixture to boil for 1 minute. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Pour the rest of the ingredients into the saucepan and mix well.
- On a wax or parchment paper-lined baking sheet, drop teaspoonfuls of the mixture and allow them to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 3 days.
No Bake Chocolate Cake In a Mug
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons of cannabutter
- 3 tablespoons of whole milk
- ¼ teaspoon of baking powder
- 3 tablespoons of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Splash of vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
How to Make Cannabis Cake In a Mug
- Pour the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda into a 12 oz microwave-safe mug. Stir the ingredients with the fork. Pour in the cannabutter, milk, vanilla, and mix until smooth. Add in the chocolate chips and stir.
- Microwave the mug for 90 seconds. Allow the mug to pull for about 2 minutes. Eat it as is or with whipped cream, ice cream, or any of your favorite toppings.
No Bake Cheesecake
- 5 tablespoons of cannabutter
- 1 sleeve of crushed graham crackers
- ¼ cup of granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- ¼ cup of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of salt
How to Make No-Bake Cannabis Cheesecake
- In the bowl, mix the cannabutter, sugar, salt, and crushed graham crackers. Press the mixture into the bottom and sides of an 8” springform pan.
- In a bowl or stand mixer, mix the heavy cream for about 5 minutes or until it forms stiff peaks.
- In a bowl, mix the sour cream and cream cheese together until smooth and add the salt, lemon juice, vanilla, and powdered sugar. Fold whipped cream into the mixture and pour into the crust, making it smooth on top.
- Cover the cheesecake and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
Learn How to Cook with Cannabis at CTU
Do you want to learn how to cook with cannabis? Learn recipes ranging from sweet treats to savory treats to beverages and more. Enroll in Cannabis Training University’s online industry training program to learn how to make cannabutter and canna oil for use in any recipe you desire.
Start your cannabis culinary journey today!