TABLE OF CONTENTS
It's the season of giving thanks, and we're thankful for the excellent company and good food we can enjoy on this memorable holiday. If you want to give your Thanksgiving meal a dose of cannabis, here are four delicious Thanksgiving cannabis recipes you have to try.
Top Thanksgiving Cannabis Recipes
1. Ganja Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Creamy and fluffy mashed potatoes are a must-have at the Thanksgiving dinner table. A burst of garlic, buttery flavor will delight your taste buds this holiday season.
- 1 medium head garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp regular butter, softened
- 1 tbsp cannabis butter, softened
- ½ cup milk
- 2 lbs. russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Drizzle the garlic with the olive oil, then wrap in aluminum foil.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 1 hour.
- Bring a large pot of salt water to a boil.
- Add the potatoes and cook them until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain, cool, and chop the potatoes.
- Stir in the cannabis butter, regular butter, milk, salt, and pepper.
- Remove the garlic from the oven and cut it in half.
- Squeeze the softened cloves into the potatoes.
- Blend the potatoes with an electric mixer until you achieve the desired consistency.
2. Cannabis-Infused Turkey
The classic roast turkey is a staple on Thanksgiving. Infusing THC or CBD into your favorite turkey recipe is super easy. Combine 1-3 teaspoons of cannabutter or canna oil to the olive oil or butter when basting the turkey to keep it moist, juicy, and intoxicating.
3. Green Bean Casserole
Green bean casseroles and Thanksgiving are synonymous. Give your green bean casserole an extra dose of greens with some cannabutter.
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 1 onion, sliced into a crescent shape
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tbsp butter (substitute cannabutter for desired potency)
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 ½ cup French’s fried onions
- Ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350º F. Prepare an ice bath for the cooked green beans.
- Boil water in a large pot. Add the green beans and cook them for about 6 minutes or until they turn a vivid green color.
- After 6 minutes of cooking the green beans, use spoons or tongs to move the green beans to the ice bath and allow them to cool. Drain them and move them into a large bowl.
- Place a large, ovenproof skillet on the stove over medium heat. Melt two tablespoons of butter in the skillet. Add in the onion and cook it for about 5 minutes or until tender, stirring regularly.
- Pour the mushrooms into the skillet and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook the mushrooms for about 5 minutes or until golden, stirring regularly.
- Mix in the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Move the vegetable mixture into the bowl of green beans.
- Melt 4 tablespoons of butter in the skillet.
- Whisk in the flour and cook the butter mixture for about 2 minutes until it is golden.
- Slowly whisk in the milk and season with salt and pepper. Allow the mixture to cook to a simmer and keep cooking for about 4 minutes until the mixture is thickened.
- Remove the butter mixture from the heat and pour it over the green beans. Toss them until the green beans are coated with butter.
- Bake the casserole for about 30 minutes or until it begins to bubble.
- Add the fried onions on top and bake the casserole for 5 additional minutes.
4. Canna-Apple Pie
The classic American apple pie gets a cannabis twist with this canna-apple pie recipe. Even if you’re feeling full, there’s always room for cannabis-infused dessert.
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 7 cups thinly sliced pared apples
- 1 pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp regular butter
- 1 tbsp cannabutter
- 1 egg white
- Additional sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375º F. Combine the flour, spices, and sugar in a small bowl. Set the mixture aside.
- Toss the lemon juice and apples in a large bowl. Add the sugar mixture. Toss the ingredients well to coat the apple slices.
- Line a 9-inch pie pan with half the pastry. Put the apple filling in the crust. Dot with cannabis and regular butter. Roll out the remaining pastry to fit the top of the pie. Cut a few slits on the top of the pie.
- Beat an egg white until it becomes foamy. Brush the egg white over the pastry. Sprinkle sugar on top.
- Bake at 375º F for 35 minutes. Increase the temperature to 400º F (204º C) and bake 10 to 15 minutes more or until golden.
More Tips for a Successful Cannabis-Infused Thanksgiving
Making a complete cannabis-infused Thanksgiving meal from scratch is really simple and easy with the right instructions and recipes. Explore our vast blog resources for more information on how to infuse cannabis into your holiday meal:
- 3 Vegetable Cannabis Recipes
- Top Cannabis Strains to Pair with Your Thanksgiving Dinner
- Thanksgiving Cannabis Dinner Recipes
- Tips for a Cannabis-Themed Thanksgiving
Become a Cannabis Cooking Expert
Learn how to cook with cannabis for any holiday by enrolling in Cannabis Training University. CTU’s online industry training covers how to grow cannabis, how to make cannabutter and canna-oil, how to cook with cannabis, and so much more.
Whether you are a complete cooking beginner or a seasoned chef, our comprehensive training programs can teach you everything you need to know about cooking with cannabis or fill in any knowledge gaps. Learn more about enrolling at CTU today!