TABLE OF CONTENTS
Like any other plant, successfully growing marijuana requires the grower to understand the needs of the marijuana plant and the processes to provide them. Whether you are considering a career in the fast growing cannabis industry, or are merely curious, doing your research and learning the details to legally and successfully grow your own marijuana is crucial.
Fortunately, it is perfectly legal to learn how to grow weed, and it is now also easy and affordable for comprehensive training. In this article, we will take a brief look at some of the key factors that affect growth and the fundamental areas needed to understand to be a master grower.
How to Grow Weed
Marijuana is a relatively hardy plant, and when provided with the proper requirements, it should grow quite well. The key is to give these resources to marijuana plants in the right amounts.
The better your plants are cared for, the greater yield you will have. So, it is important to monitor carefully these critical areas not only to keep your plants alive and healthy but to grow larger quantities of medical marijuana for use.
There are seven primary areas to focus on.
- Genetics: Not all marijuana seeds are created equal. To experience the best quality and quantity, it is important to start with good genetics. Take the time to research different cannabis strains and the characteristics of each. When it comes to weed, it may be a higher seed cost upfront, but will be worth the investment.
- Grow Medium/Equipment: Selecting the way you plan to grow, whether in soil or hydroponically will require a container. There are pros and cons to both. So knowledge is again essential. Furthermore, there is a vast difference in types of growth containers that can also make a significant difference in the outcome of the marijuana plants.
- Nutrients/Insects/Mold: Adding nutrients can be beneficial. However, it is important to use the right nutrients in the right amounts. Too much, especially like those in extended release potting soil can be too much for your plants and burn them. Also, plants should be monitored and protected from insects, molds, and other similar harmful intruders.
- Temperature: Marijuana can grow in differing climates, but plants should be protected from extremes. Also, the more exact your temperatures are, the healthier and fruitful your plants will be. Air that is from 65 to 85 degrees is optimal. Air should not feel too dry, nor should it be overly humid. The ideal temperature will also vary depending on whether the plants are in flowering or vegetative stages of growth.
- Light: In general, it is assumed that the more light provided to marijuana plants, the better. Though light is critical, there can be too much of a good thing. Marijuana is different from typical houseplants in that they do tend to require more light for exceptional yield. However, making sure you are using the right type of light and the right amount is critical. Also important to know is that periods of darkness are also needed.
- Water: It seems fairly obvious that a plant will require water to survive and thrive. It is important that the water used maintains the proper pH levels. Maintaining pH is important because if it is too high (low acidity), or too low (high acidity), it can hinder growth or even damage your cannabis plants. pH has a key role in the plant’s ability to absorb nutrients, so testing pH is often an important aspect of growing marijuana.
- Air: It may also seem obvious that marijuana plants require air. Ideally, fresh air with a slight breeze is best. The air quality of your grow room is important because the plants need CO2 for their growing process. Too much or too little CO2 can have detrimental effects.
What You Need to Grow Weed
Seeds or clone plants, equipment, and supplies are all important things to have in order to grow marijuana. Perhaps even more important, is to have an education and understanding of how to grow it.
Learn How To Grow Cannabis!
Before investing your time and money into growing medical marijuana, do your homework. Fortunately, the experts at Cannabis Training University can provide the best education in the marijuana industry. Anyone can enroll at CTU, the premier cannabis training destination.
Why Cannabis Training University
Cannabis Training University (CTU) is the leading online marijuana school in the world and offers cutting-edge marijuana training across the globe. Our classes are fully legal and available to anyone, regardless of your area's marijuana laws.
The leading members of the cannabis community offer students comprehensive marijuana education and provides the most combined experience in the marijuana industry in North America.
There are over 300,000 jobs in the cannabis industry. CTU trained me for one of them!
- Johanna Rose
Makes $24.50 @ THC +
We've trained thousands of individuals in over 20 countries, providing our graduates with Certificates in many aspects and the knowledge needed to grow marijuana successfully and find employment within the industry.
Our complete curriculum can be taken when it is convenient for you, and our model allows us to provide that curriculum at an affordable rate. Learn more about CTU and the education we provide, contact us with your questions, or enroll today!