TABLE OF CONTENTS
Are you wondering how to DIY a cannabis-infused charcoal mask at home?
Worry no more!
It’s a known fact in the beauty industry that cannabis has amazing benefits for the skin. The beauty industry is coming up with new cannabis-infused products every day. But, have you thought of making your own?
In order to learn how to make a cannabis-infused charcoal mask, it's important to know the benefits that this mask offers.
Benefits of Cannabis-infused Charcoal Mask
- Charcoal has a coarse texture that gives it the ability to exfoliate your skin and give you a brighter look.
- Charcoal has purifying qualities and when combined with cannabis it can help your skin heal from disorders like acne.
- Cannabis-infused charcoal masks have the ability to put you in a good mood. This is because of the calming effects that cannabis offers.
- If you have dry and aging skin this will help you achieve a youthful look.
- When charcoal is combined with cannabis it has the ability to clear blackheads from your face.
- Cannabis-infused charcoal masks are also good for oily skin. It will help in regulating the production of oil from your face and hence prevent existing skin breakouts or even stubborn acne scars.
The main ingredients in this mask are charcoal and CBD oil. This mask works well together because charcoal will remove excess dirt from the skin and then the clean skin can now soak in the benefits of cannabidiol.
In creating this mask, CBD oil is the top priority. If getting CBD oil from the shop is difficult there are ways you can make it from your home.
Making a Cannabis Oil Base
You will need the following materials:
- 1 cup pure olive oil.
- 2 cups distilled water
- Cheese Cloth
- Ground cannabis (choose a strain of your preference)
- Cooking pot
Steps to follow:
- Mix 1 cup pure olive oil, cannabis and 2 cups distilled water into the pot. Cover your pot with a lid and set the heat to low. Let the mixture simmer on low heat for an hour and a half; ensure to stir the mixture so that it does not burn.
- Using your strainer, line it with a cheese cloth that has multiple layers so that cannabis particles don’t pass through it. Then strain the cannabis from the mixture of water and oil. You can use the cannabis remains for your future use in making different cannabis products.
- Allow this mixture to sit at room temperature for several hours. This will ensure that the two ingredients, oil and water separate. Then freeze the mixture for an hour. The freezing process ensures that the oil and water separate completely and hence you will get the oil you will need for your infused charcoal mask.
Making the Cannabis-infused Charcoal Mask
Now with the oil base you are ready to make your cannabis-infused charcoal mask. You will need the following ingredients:
- Two teaspoons activated charcoal
- Cannabis oil (the one you will make from home or one from the shop)
- One table spoon turmeric
- Five table spoons aloe Vera gel
- Three chamomile tea bags
- Five table spoons witch hazel
- A bowl
- An application brush
Steps to follow:
- Combine your ingredients in a bowl, a glass bowl is preferred. While mixing, aim to get a gel substance kind of mixture.
- Before applying the mixture, it is best to take a warm shower or steam your face. A warm shower will ensure that the pores of your face open up. Opening of the pores ensures that your skin will be able to enjoy the benefits of the cannabis-infused charcoal mask.
- Another important factor is to follow the basic process of washing a face. Remember that applying the mixture to a dirty face or skin means that you will get no benefits.
- Apply the mixture by using an application brush but if you prefer you can also use your bare hands. An important area of your skin not to forget is the eye area. The eye area tends to have a lot of under eye black spots.
- Let the mixture sit for 20 to 30 minutes, however according to how your face reacts you can let the mixture stay on the face for a short or long time.
- Rinse with warm water and enjoy your new vibrant look.
There is no need of buying expensive beauty masks filled with harmful chemicals. Cannabis-infused charcoal masks are a natural product that will elevate your look. You will be enjoying double the benefits from both cannabis and activated charcoal.
Learn how to infuse products with cannabis by enrolling in CTU! Earn your cannabis certification today in one of many fields in the cannabis industry ranging from cooking with cannabis, to cannabis extraction training, to cannabis growing and everything in-between.
Fred Hernandez is a highly accomplished and versatile writer, boasting an extensive background in the cannabis industry. With an in-depth understanding of various sectors including cultivators, processors, retailers, and brands, Fred's expertise spans across the entire cannabis landscape. As a prominent contributor to CTU, he consistently delivers insightful articles exploring the latest developments, news, and regulations shaping the cannabis industry. Whether it's delving into the intricacies of cannabis products, cannabis strain reviews, or providing comprehensive analyses of cannabis laws, or sharing expert insights on cannabis cultivation techniques, Fred's wealth of knowledge positions him as an invaluable writer and educator for all cannabis-related subjects.