Opportunities in the cannabis industry are exploding, and there has never been a better time for individuals to begin a lucrative career. Numerous opportunities for a vast number of different types of jobs in the field are popping up in medical marijuana states like never before. As the legalization of marijuana continues, opportunities are only going to grow. If you are interested in a career in the marijuana industry, the sky’s the limit. We will look at some of the best jobs available and provide some tips on how to become a cannabis professional.
It is hard to create a comprehensive list of different kinds of jobs in the industry, and it will be more difficult as legalization advances in other states. The marijuana industry is the fastest growing industry in the United States. Positions in a number of areas including medical, legal, financial, and others are being created every day. For this article, we will cover the top opportunities in marijuana at present.
- Budtender: The budtender has a significant role. Similar to a bartender, a budtender will be the first line of contact with the public. They will communicate with marijuana users and provide suggestions and recommendations for the appropriate strain.
- Bud Trimmer: Trimming marijuana buds is an art form. To make the buds ready for sale and aesthetically pleasing, the buds must be trimmed from the plant and larger leaves must be carefully cut. For those who are perfectionists, have patience, and are detail-oriented, a career as a trimmer may be in their future.
- Cannabis Farmer: This position is similar to a farmer in the food industry. He or she will oversee all aspects of the growth site and make decisions on its operation. From equipment and fertilizer to sales and distribution, the grow site operator is a critical position. A cannabis grower can make a lot of money when they know how to grow cannabis.
- Edibles Creator: For those who are creative and love working in a kitchen-like environment, the role of edibles creator is an outstanding choice. These individuals work to create edible cannabis products ranging from baked goods to soda. They work to infuse cannabis into a broad range of tasty and unique creations. Cannabis cooking is an exploding part of the cannabis industry.
- Concentrate Processor: A love of science, particularly chemistry is a useful attribute for those interested in this role. Concentrate processors work with things such as hash oil, dabs, shatter, and others. Thanks to the increased use of vaporizers, concentrates are becoming increasingly popular. However, it can be dangerous due to the high concentrations and safety should be a top priority.
- Reviewer/Journalist: If one possesses a love of cannabis and enjoy writing their opinions the position of reviewer/journalist can be very appealing. Trying different strains and edibles, then reviewing and reporting their experience for others is the primary duty of this potential career.
- Retail Owner: For more business-minded individuals and entrepreneurs, opening and operating a retail location may be a dream come true. This can be a challenging position to acquire due to licensing restrictions and lotteries. However, anyone interested who possesses the business knowledge and skill could work towards opening his or her own store. Because the industry is so new, a store is a risky endeavor. And while that may be true, it is also a phenomenal opportunity with incredible potential for future growth and expansion. Opening a cannabis dispensary can be a lucrative career.
Finding a Marijuana Job
Similar to any other industry, marijuana jobs come with different responsibilities and varied salary levels. However, even entry level marijuana jobs start at well over minimum wage. Advanced positions can be extremely lucrative, but how does one obtain them? Below is a list of tips to help advance in the marijuana industry.
- Have A Specialty: Decide which position would suit your personality and skillset best, and focus on obtaining the knowledge and skills for that particular area. By specializing, you will have a leg-up on individuals who only possess basic cannabis knowledge. Find what you love, and intensely focus on learning how to perform duties the position requires.
- Network: The marijuana industry is relatively small. However, this advantage will not last long. Networking and meeting movers and shakers in the industry is an excellent way to find success. Join an advocacy group, contact individuals working in the area you desire, and find creative ways to meet others and make a name for yourself.
- Get An Education: Whether you have experience in the field or have never worked with marijuana before, having formal training from industry experts is perhaps the best way to position yourself for a successful marijuana job you love. Obtaining your Master of Medical Marijuana Certificate Program from Cannabis Training University will provide the knowledge you need to stand above the growing competition and live out your dreams in the growing field of marijuana.
Why Cannabis Training University
Cannabis Training University (CTU) is the leading online marijuana school in the world and offers cutting-edge marijuana training across the globe. Our classes are fully legal and available to anyone, regardless of your area’s marijuana laws. The leading members of the California cannabis community offer students comprehensive medical marijuana education and provide the most combined experience in the medical marijuana industry in North America. We’ve trained thousands of individuals in over 20 countries, providing our graduates with a Master’s Certificate and the knowledge needed to grow successfully medical marijuana and find employment within the industry. We have the leading thc university program. With the best 420 college information and the place to get green cultured. Get all of your online education at the best cannabis training institute. Our complete curriculum can be taken when it is convenient for you, and our model allows us to provide that curriculum at an affordable rate. Learn more about CTU and the education we provide, contact us with your questions, or enroll today!