There are a million and one reasons why this is the best infused avocado toast recipe. Most importantly, it’s a very simple recipe!
Avocado toast is a healthy way to start your day. And what better way to give it a buzz than to add some good old THC to the mix? Just make sure that you start off with an excellent morning strain that will get you energized without making you feel sleepy such as Green Crack, G13 Haze, Thai Chi, Maui Wowie, and Destroyer, which is one of the best sativa landrace strains.
Avocado is a super food. Adding one of the best marijuana strains to it will add oomph to your day and health and nutritional benefits. Promise to stick through to the end of the article and you’ll get good reasons why infused avocado toast is the best way to start your day.
The first step is to get your cannabis infused oil ready. In case you’ve never cooked with cannabis before, here is your opportunity to learn about decarboxylation.
How To Decarboxylate Marijuana
You have to decarboxylate marijuana before cooking with it. This process converts inactive compounds in marijuana to their active states. It’s also referred to as decarbing.
Freshly harvested or dried buds will contain the acidic forms of the cannabinoids that you are looking for; THCA and CBDA. As much as these acidic forms have some therapeutic effects, they’re not as potent as the active forms; for example THCA will not get you stoned but THC will. In a nutshell, this is why you will need to decarb your marijuana.
Decarboxylation is a chemical process where a carboxyl group (acid) is removed from the acidic molecule through heating.
Steps In Decarboxylation
- Preheat oven to 250ºF
- Break the marijuana buds into small pieces and put them in a baking tray
- Toss the tray in the oven for 30-40 minutes ensuring that the heat is spread evenly
- Once the nugs are medium-brown in color remove the tray from the oven and allow cooling
- Your marijuana is now decarboxylated
Once your marijuana is decarboxylated the next step is to use it to make cannabis infused oil.
This is how to do it.
How to Make Cannabis Infused Cooking Oil
- 2 cups extra virgin olive oil
- 30 grams decarboxylated marijuana
- Slow cooker or a double boiler
- Mix the marijuana and virgin olive oil in a sauce pan and place in the double boiler on low heat for 6-8 hours. Be careful not to exceed 245 degrees F as this will destroy the terpenes and cannabinoids
- Once ready, strain in a cheesecloth slowly without squeezing the cheesecloth. This is to prevent chlorophyll from seeping into the oil
- Store in a dark-colored bottle, away from direct light. This should keep for at least 2 months.
With your cannabis infused olive oil in hand you are now ready to prepare your infused avocado toast.
How To Make Infused Avocado Toast (serves four)
- 2 ready avocados
- 8 slices of bread
- 2 tablespoons of cannabis infused oil
- Slice of lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Seasoning and garnish
- Slice your avocado in half and scrape the contents into a dish
- Use a fork to mash the avocado into a paste that is spreadable and smooth. Make sure there are no chunks left. .
- Squeeze the lemon into the avocado and mix
- Toast your bread in a regular toaster. Make sure it is brown but not burnt
- Spoon the avocado mixture and spread evenly on each slice of bread
- Drizzle your infused oil on each slice
- Add seasoning and garnish of your choice
- Serve with the breakfast beverage of your choice
You must agree that this is one of the simplest THC infused recipes that you have ever come across. And sure it delivers on all the cannabis benefits that other recipes provide. As mentioned earlier it also comes with numerous health and nutritional benefits that are associated with this tasty super food aka avocado.
What’s in an Avocado?
According to the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI), a half an avocado can give you the following nutritional benefits
- Vitamin A, E, K, B6
- Monounsaturated fatty acids
Benefits of Avocado in Your Diet
- A rich source of potassium, avocados contains more potassium than bananas. Potassium helps to maintain a regular heart rate.
- Avocados help to improve vision because they contain antioxidants, lutein and zeaxanthin.
- A rich source of fiber which helps digestion. Fiber also helps you feel full, this facilitates weight loss.
- A rich source of folate which is good for pregnant mothers. Folate prevents birth defects in the unborn child.
- A rich source of B vitamins such as thiamine, riboflavin, and niacin. These vitamins prevent inflammation and chronic illnesses.
- Contains heart- healthy fats which improves heart health and prevents elevated blood pressure
- Good for the skin because it contains vitamin C and E as well as antioxidants
- Contains vitamin K and D which are essential for bone health.
The best infused avocado toast recipe is a great way to start your day, make sure to try this out and let us know if you enjoyed it.