TABLE OF CONTENTS
Enroll in the best budtender certification in Arizona to earn your spot working in a medical or recreational dispensary. Now that adult-use cannabis is legal, there will be a hiring surge for friendly and knowledgeable budtenders. For the best chance of getting hired in an Arizona dispensary, enroll in Cannabis Training University.
Cannabis Training University: Budtender Certification in Arizona
If you want to become a budtender in the state of Arizona, you are not legally required to complete any specific industry training. In today's competitive job market, earning industry certification provides you with a competitive advantage over the average pool of job applicants.
Complete your certification at the most renowned cannabis training college: Cannabis Training University.
Cannabis Training University is the most affordable online training program for those interested in working as budtenders. For considerably less than other cannabis colleges and learning formats, budtenders can gain access to over 200 videos and 5,000 e-book pages covering the industry as a whole.
If you're looking for an all-in-one solution to learn about cannabis cooking, cannabis growing, cannabis extraction, cannabis laws, cannabis medicine, and cannabis careers, enroll in CTU.
If you're a hungry learner, CTU is perfect for you. Learn everything there is to know about becoming a budtender and the industry, in general. Beyond learning the ropes of the retail cannabis market, you'll learn everything from how to grow cannabis to how to make your own edibles.
Each course provides a part of the complete context of the industry, so you can see how far it's come and where it's going. Gain a well-rounded budtender education with CTU.
CTU makes it easy to complete budtender training on your schedule. We know you have other responsibilities to take care of. Don't let your hectic schedule get in the way of earning a cannabis degree.
Cannabis Training University gives you 24/7 access for twelve weeks to all educational resources. Complete your training when it's most convenient for you. CTU is the perfect solution for students with busy schedules.
As the cannabis industry grows, there's many ways to get cannabis education. Short of doing your own research, cannabis colleges offer complete marijuana training. For the best budtender training experience, trust CTU.
CTU was formed at the cusp of the cannabis industry boom in 2009. Ever since, it's become the premier online cannabis certification program and marijuana school. Cannabis recruiters will instantly recognize the CTU name on your resume.
Requirements to Work as a Budtender in Arizona
Interested in working as a budtender in Arizona? Medical and recreational dispensary budtenders must meet the following legal requirements:
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must pass a background check and not be convicted of an excluded felony offense
- Must possess a valid marijuana facility agent license (one for every establishment)
Licensed cannabis establishments pay all related fees associated with obtaining a marijuana facility agent license. Cannabis establishments apply for an agent license for the employee.
In addition to the legal requirements to work as a budtender in Arizona, you must meet the minimum qualifications for the job, which varies by establishment. Common budtender qualifications and requirements include:
- Previous experience working in a retail sales environment
- Previous experience working with a point-of-sale (POS) system
- Ability to provide a high-quality customer service
- Must be friendly, outgoing, and dependable
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to obtain an Arizona dispensary agent card
- Available to work weekends
- Flexible schedule
- Local applicants (preferred)
- Cannabis industry experience (preferred)
No dispensary training required. If you meet the minimum age requirement, pass the background check, and obtain a dispensary license, you ready to start working!
Getting Hired as a Budtender in Arizona
Arizona is a hotbed of cannabis job activity. In fact, it's ranked as the number 4 state for marijuana employment with nearly 21,000 people working in cannabis establishments (based on a 2020 job count). Now that adult-use is legal, we can expect that number to jump up significantly.
Here's how you can get in on the ground floor of the Arizona’s cannabis job market.
- Enroll in Arizona budtender training: Be the most knowledgeable budtender you can be. CTU gives you an in-depth look into the cannabis plant, how it interacts in the body, and the different methods of consumption that can provide relief. Online budtender training prepares you to help medical and recreational patients find the products they need. Budtender certification gives you a better chance to land the job interview.
- Gain job skills: You'll have a better shot at getting the interview if you have you right job skills. Learn those skills by working in a similar job outside of the cannabis industry. As long as you're friendly and knowledgeable, you can get hired if you have the proper customer service and retail experience.
- Network: In Arizona’s highly competitive cannabis job market, it's not just about what you know, but also who you know. Put a face to a name by attending local industry events such as trade shows or even join online social groups of local users or industry employees. Sprucing up your LinkedIn profile can advertise your skills and put you right in front of potential recruiters and dispensary owners.
- Apply: If you've got the right skills and education, start applying to job ads on major job boards every single day. Don't hesitate to call in or ask about employment opportunities in-person. Check out our blog resources on how to create a resume and cover letter or enroll in CTU for a step-by-step guide on finding work in cannabis.
Get Budtender Certified
Arizona's cannabis job market is one of the hottest in the nation. Now that adult use has become legalized, expect even more employment opportunities in the near future. If you want to start your cannabis career as an Arizona budtender, enroll in Cannabis Training University’s budtender certification program.
CTU is the number one training program for anyone looking to become a budtender or work in the cannabis industry, in general. Learn all about the industry, how to write your resume, how to create a cover letter, and how to ace the interview. Enroll today!