Start your budtender training by learning the basics of cannabis. You will learn all about the cannabis plant. This includes compounds such as THC, CBD, terpenes and other components in cannabis that can have an impact on customers and patients. Then, learn everything you need to know about all cannabis products that can be sold in dispensaries.
Discover how cannabis medicine can help cannabis patients or customers with various conditions. You will also learn how to guide patients through cannabis administration methods based on their symptoms. You will learn how to be a budtender in a medical dispensary, as well as a recreational dispensary.
Learn how to get a job as a budtender in a medical marijuana dispensary, recreational cannabis dispensary, or CBD shop. Learn how to get a cannabis work permit anywhere in the US or Canada. We will walk you through the different roles in a dispensary, how to use your budtender certificate to get a job, and how to write a cannabis cover letter and budtender resume so that you stand out from your competition. You will learn everything you need to know to apply for a budtending job in a dispensary. CTU is the only budtender school that has an international accreditation, which builds your personal credibility when applying for a job.
Study the laws and regulations around distribution and possession of cannabis to dispensary customers and patients in every US state and Canadian province. In addition to learning how to be a budtender, also learn laws about compliance, getting a budtender license, using the dispensary point of sale system, and making sure that cannabis regulations are being followed during the process.
- Describe the cannabis plant, its origins, and its primary classifications (indica, sativa, hybrid, ruderalis).
- Describe the primary active components of cannabis and their main effects.
- List the most popular cannabis products.
- Explain how to use popular cannabis products.
- Describe how to read cannabis product labels.
- Describe the history of medical cannabis in the United States.
- Describe the steps to register as a medical cannabis patient or caregiver in one US or Canadian state, province, or territory.
- List the US states where one medical condition qualifies for the use of medical cannabis.
- List the possession and cultivation limits for medical cannabis patients in one US or Canadian state, province, or territory.
- Describe how to maintain a healthy endocannabinoid system.
- Describe medical symptoms that can be relieved by cannabis.
- Explain how to use multiple administration methods of cannabis properly, including dose titration, side effects, and drug interactions.
- Describe the requirements to work in the cannabis industry in one US or Canadian state, province, or territory.
- Describe how to build cannabis-industry experience and locate job opportunities.
- List the steps needed to write a cannabis-industry resume and cover letter.
- Explain how to successfully navigate a cannabis-industry job interview.
- Explain the roles, responsibilities, required education and experience, advancement opportunities, compensation, and skills requirements for primary cannabis dispensary and budtender careers.
- Explain the current state of US federal cannabis policy.
- Describe the legal cannabis possession and cultivation limits in one US state.
- Explain the current state of Canadian federal cannabis policy.
- Describe the legal cannabis possession and cultivation limits in one Canadian province or territory.
With your Budtender Certification apply for these jobs: