Introduction to Cannabis 101, including the parts of the marijuana plant and the difference between cannabis and hemp. You will also be introduced to components of cannabis like cannabinoids and terpenes. Learn all about cannabis derived terpenes and the best terpenes for different medical conditions.
Discover the endocannabinoid system and start learning how to use cannabis as medicine. Learn the history of medical cannabis in the United States. Learn the steps to register as a medical marijuana patient or caregiver. Explain how to use multiple administration methods of cannabis properly, including cannabis dose titration, cannabis side effects, and cannabis drug interactions.
The easy-to-use flow charts in this class will guide you through the key decisions you need to make before you start growing cannabis, including choosing a strain, and the best cannabis grow lights. Learn how to set up an indoor space for growing cannabis with high potency and yields.
Study how to grow cannabis through the germination, vegetative, and flowering stages. Learn how to harvest, cure, trim, and store the cannabis you grow. You will learn how to grow more than just weed. You will learn how to grow high potency cannabis with high yields and potency.
In this Cannabis 101 class, you will study cannabis infusion and extraction. You will also learn how to strain, filter, and purge cannabis tinctures to make the best cannabis concentrates such as cannabis infused gummies, cannabis infused drinks, and cannabis infused oil. Start making your own cannabis extract at home. Learn cooking with cannabis methods, make your own cannabutter for use in delicious cannabis edible recipes.
Over 430,000 cannabis jobs are currently available. In this Cannabis 101 class, learn the roles, responsibilities, required education, and compensation of all the unique jobs across the cannabis industry. This includes jobs in cannabis grow facilities, cannabis extraction facilities, commercial cannabis kitchens, marijuana medical dispensaries, and recreational marijuana stores.
Study the laws and regulations around distribution and possession of cannabis for both recreational cannabis and medical cannabis in every US state and Canadian province. Learn laws about compliance, getting a budtender license, using the dispensary point of sale system, and making sure that cannabis regulations are being followed during the process. Learn cannabis laws in all US states and Canada.
When you finish the Cannabis 101 Certificate Program you will be able to:
- Describe the cannabis plant and its origins.
- Describe the primary active components of cannabis and their main effects.
- Describe how to maintain a healthy endocannabinoid system.
- Describe medical symptoms that can be relieved by cannabis.
- Explain how to use multiple administration methods of cannabis properly, including dose titration, side effects, and drug interactions.
- List the basic steps to plan a simple, one-plant, indoor cannabis garden, starting with a clone, in soil, and using LED lights.
- Describe how to set up a basic indoor space for one cannabis plant.
- List the basic steps to plant one cannabis plant indoors in soil.
- Describe how to care for a young cannabis clone.
- Describe the basic processes used to care for a cannabis plant in the vegetative and flowering stages of growth.
- Describe a simple method to harvest, dry, trim, cure, and store the flowers from one cannabis plant.
- Describe how to prepare a small amount of dried cannabis for basic methods of infusion and extraction.
- Demonstrate how to estimate the potency of oil infusions and tinctures.
- Describe how to create oil infusions, tinctures, kief, and bubble hash at home.
- Describe how to strain and purge solvents from infusions and extractions using simple methods in a home environment.
- Calculate doses of cannabis-infused products at home.
- List the steps involved in making cannabis-infused products at home.
- Describe the responsibilities and requirements of cannabis grower, trimmer, and packager careers.
- Describe the responsibilities and requirements of cannabis extraction, cooking, and manufacturing careers.
- Describe the responsibilities and requirements of cannabis dispensary and budtender careers.
With your Cannabis 101 Certificate gain the skills to launch into the cannabis industry: