TABLE OF CONTENTS
If you're interested in working in the Show-Me State’s budding retail cannabis industry, enroll in the best budtender certification in Missouri. Missouri's medical cannabis program has been slow to start, but is expecting a hiring surge of cannabis jobs in the retail sector in the near future.
If you want to earn your spot in one of Missouri's medical cannabis shops, Cannabis Training University is right for you.
Cannabis Training University: Missouri Budtender Certification
In the state of Missouri, cannabis employees are not legally required to complete any specific industry training program.
However, a growing number of job applicants around the country are strengthening their resumes with the best budtender training in the industry. Cannabis Training University offers students in Missouri a wealth of educational resources at a low price.
For a fraction of the price of other cannabis colleges, students receive an incredible value in terms of the quality and quantity of information covered in budtender training.
At a competitive price point, CTU provides a premium higher education experience without breaking the bank. Gain access to hundreds of high-quality videos and thousands of e-book pages covering nearly everything you wanted to know about using weed and working in the industry.
Cannabis Training University provides students with an all-in-one curriculum covering the most pressing topics of the industry.
Learn the ins-and-outs of a budtender’s responsibilities and the road to getting hired in a retail shop. Beyond the budtender career guide, CTU’s budtender training covers additional and practical topics to use at home. Cannabis course topics include:
- How to use cannabis as medicine
- How to cook with cannabis
- How to extract cannabis at home
- Cannabis laws around the world
- How to start a cannabis business
- How to start a cannabis career
- How to grow cannabis at home
Plus, you get full access to four books written by the Guru of Ganja, Ed Rosenthal, Including the Marijuana Grower's Handbook, Big Book of Buds Greatest Hits, and much more!
No need to drive across town in a rush as you try to make it to class. Cannabis Training University’s online budtender training makes getting a premium cannabis education accessible to nearly everyone.
Once enrolled, you (and your friends and family) can log in to your account to go through the course modules on your time, day or night, with an access period of 12 months.
Learn late into the night, early in the morning, or in between your busy schedule. It's all up to you.
As the competition for cannabis jobs heats up in Missouri, students can choose from a range of cannabis training institutions.
In this relatively new industry, Cannabis Training University has pulled away from the pack and become the most renowned cannabis education program in the nation (and the world).
A combination of affordability and high-quality content have made CTU’s budtender training the industry standard. Earn your stripes from the most recognized marijuana training institution in the nation.
Requirements to Work as a Budtender in Missouri
Interested in working as a budtender in Missouri? Medical dispensary budtenders must meet the following legal requirements:
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must apply for a facility agent ID (valid for 3 years)
- Must have a written offer of employment from a Missouri-licensed facility
- Must pass a background check with no disqualifying offenses
- Must pay a $75 non-refundable fee for the facility agent ID application
On top of the state's legal requirements for cannabis employees, budtenders must also meet certain job qualifications, which vary by dispensary location. Budtender qualifications and requirements may include:
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be friendly, outgoing, and professional
- At least one year of recent retail or customer service experience
- Flexible schedule; must be able to work weekends, evenings, and some holidays
- Understanding of cannabis strains, effects, and different products
- Cash handling and point-of-sale (POS) system experience
- Computer proficiency
- Strong time management, organizational, communication, and teamworking skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Medical cannabis industry experience ( preferred)
How to Get Hired as a Budtender in Missouri
Getting hired as a budtender in Missouri has never been easier, as long as you have the right job skills, education, and qualifications to work. Most importantly, you must have a strong passion and dedication to the cannabis industry.
If you're ready to take the first step in becoming a Missouri budtender, here's a guide on how to earn your entry-level cannabis job.
- Enroll in Missouri budtender training: Missouri budtender training can bring you up to speed with the history of cannabis, its effects, and how different products get made. CTU’s complete curriculum prepares you to speak knowledgeably in your job interview and with patients seeking relief. Budtender training gives you the foundation you need to guide customers to the right strain or product.
- Earn relevant work experience: While Missouri's retail market continues to grow, job applicants can earn relevant work experience outside of the cannabis industry in the meantime. Find work as a retail associate or other customer-facing job to learn how to build a rapport with clients and earn their trust. Build your communication, analytical, and interpersonal skills on the job and add those to your resume when applying for a budtender job.
- Meet key industry players: In some cases, it's about who you know that can help you find a job in cannabis retail. While building up your experience and resume, connect with industry professionals by attending local meet-ups and events. Meeting directly with local business owners or employees can set you on the fast track to employment. In addition, virtual networking on sites like LinkedIn can help promote your professional skills to hiring managers looking for budtenders in training.
- Apply, apply, and apply some more: If you feel like you've got the right experience and skills, it's time to create your resume and cover letter to start applying. Check job boards like Indeed or even Craigslist everyday. After applying, wait about a week to follow up and show your determination. Feel free to follow up a week after that for a final time. Eventually, you'll apply at the right time and gain entry into the world's most exciting industry!
Earn Budtender Certification in Missouri
Missouri's medical cannabis market is set to explode over the coming years. Be prepared for a rise in medical budtender jobs and the possibility of a recreational market in the future.
Enroll in Cannabis Training University’s Missouri budtender school to get a step-by-step process on how to get a budtender job. Cannabis education from CTU is the final piece of the puzzle that can help you start your cannabis career today!