TABLE OF CONTENTS
Let's take a look at the Texas Cannabis College, the Texas marijuana school of choice. The Lone Star State has been especially harsh in the past on marijuana use, cultivation, and possession, but recent efforts have made cannabis more accessible to its residents.
If you live in Texas and want to participate in Texas’ strict medical cannabis market, it’s helpful to learn all about Texas’ medical marijuana laws, medicinal uses of cannabis, and how to start your own cannabis business or find a cannabis career in Texas.
For now, there aren’t any reputable cannabis college courses offered in Texas. Instead of relying on a variety of unreliable and unverified information online, you can sign up for an online university-style cannabis program. All you need is a reliable internet service and a computer, laptop, or smartphone to access tons of educational resources on cannabis use in Texas and beyond.
Cannabis Training University offers a Master of Cannabis Certification program at a competitive rate, so that you can make more informed purchasing, career and business decisions. As Texas continues to expand access to medical marijuana, more people will be able to participate in the program.
In order to stay informed about the latest developments across the country, it can benefit you to join an online-based Texas cannabis college. Here is what the Texas Cannabis College can offer students of all skills levels.
Marijuana Certification Program (10 Certifcates)
Compared to other cannabis college training programs, Cannabis Training University’s Master of Cannabis Certification program gives you more bang for your buck.
For one low price, you get 12 weeks of access time to earn 10 industry recognized certifications with 42 hours of required online training and over 300 hours of optional content form leading growers, doctors, extraction technicians, and budtenders.
The Master of Cannabis Certification includes all of these courses:
- Outdoor Marijuana Growing – Learn how to set up an outdoor cannabis garden or greenhouse and use natural sunlight instead of grow lights. Learn how to germinate cannabis seeds and grow, dry, cure, and trim cannabis
- Indoor Marijuana Growing – Our Indoor Cannabis course gives you step-by-step instructions on how to create the perfect indoor environment. Learn how to optimize humidity, temperature, and light to grow the best plants possible.
- Cannabis Cooking – Our program takes you through the process of extracting cannabis resin from plant material to create concentrates, cannabutter, cannabis oil, and other food and drink infusions. Our Cannabis Cooking course also teaches you how to create your own cannabis topicals, salves, creams, and lotions.
- Cannabis Extraction – Become an expert at extracting cannabis oil from fresh, dried, and frozen cannabis. Our course covers solventless and solvent-based extractions that can be done at home and in a commercial setting. Learn how to decarboxylate (activate), winterize, and purge cannabis resin to create a pure and potent extract.
- How to Open a Cannabis Business – Learn how to navigate the challenges of opening a cannabis business. Whether you want to start a retail, cultivation, or processing facility, our program can show you how to write a business plan and pitch deck, how to obtain funding, and how to get licensed.
- Budtender – Interested in becoming a budtender at a dispensary? Our Budtender course teaches you the skills you need to become an expert in cannabis. Learn how cannabis interacts in our body, the differences in strains, and other topics that can help you provide an excellent customer experience.
- Medical Marijuana – Cannabis is a relatively safe drug used to treat a variety of conditions and symptoms. Our course gives you an in-depth look into the science of cannabis and how different strains can be used for treatment. Learn how to safely administer, dose, and use cannabis.
- Marijuana 101 – Gain a comprehensive look into the essentials of cannabis, from how to grow cannabis at home to how to make cannabis extracts and use cannabis medicinally. Learn the most up-to-date cannabis laws in the U.S. and Canada
- How to Open a Dispensary – Explore a roadmap toward opening your own cannabis dispensary. Learn about the latest dispensary licensing regulations in the U.S. and Canada. We teach you how to create a business plan that includes every aspect of running a retail store.
Understand Texas Cannabis Laws
Texas prohibits smoking and growing cannabis for now but learning about cannabis cultivation and the medicinal uses of marijuana can provide context on how you can use cannabis effectively if Texas legalizes cannabis.
Under the state’s medical cannabis laws, qualifying patients can consume cannabis with less than 1 percent THC. Recreational cannabis use is not legal. If you don’t have a qualifying condition, you can purchase recently legal hemp-derived CBD.
Understanding your state’s cannabis laws can help you stay on the right side of the law. Our online training program regularly updates rules and regulations for the U.S., Canada, and many other countries around the world. We provide helpful links for every state and province that have the most up-to-date laws.
Earn Industry Credentials to Grow Your Hobby, Career, or Business at the Texas Cannabis College
Industry credentials from the Texas Cannabis College are an excellent addition to your resume and cover letter and showcase your cannabis education and passion. Passing the final exam and earning the certifications means you understand the course content and have the skills necessary to stand out in the industry.
The Master of Cannabis program includes comprehensive resources from Ed Rosenthal, a pioneer in the cannabis industry. Gain access to eight industry-recognized e-books such as The Marijuana Grower’s Handbook, featuring over 600 pages of in-depth information about cannabis cultivation.
Get our top rated STRAIN GUIDE!
When you’ve finished absorbing all his handbooks and completing all the courses, you can take online quizzes to prepare you for your final certification exam. Learn at your own pace and on your schedule in order to pass the test. Take it as many times as needed. When you pass your final exam, you can print out your CTU certificates, which can help when searching for a cannabis-related profession or building a business from scratch.
Cannabis Careers in Texas
Texas’ retail market launched in 2018 with only three vertically integrated licenses for dispensaries/cultivation centers: Surterra Texas, Knox Medical, and Compassionate Cultivation. With only a few cannabis producers in the state, cannabis job prospects in Texas are hard to come by. If you’re one of many marijuana enthusiasts, you may choose to move to a state that has legalized medical or recreational marijuana to participate in the green rush.
Our cannabis industry courses can prepare you for a wide range of cannabis careers, including:
- Bud Trimmer
- Dispensary manager
- Delivery driver
- Extraction technician
- Kitchen assistant
- Edibles chef
- Head grower
If you want to help medical patients select products and guide their buying journey in a cannabis-friendly state, you’ll learn a lot from the Budtender Certification Apart from needing excellent customer service skills, you’ll need a firm grasp on medical marijuana uses and laws to remain compliant with state MMJ laws.
Here are a few topics included in the Budtender course:
- Roles and responsibilities of a budtender
- Customer service techniques
- Types of medical marijuana strains
- Medical effects of different types of medical marijuana
- Methods of ingestion & preparation for use
- Education and experience needed
- Compensation and advancement opportunities
- Medical symptoms and conditions
Cannabis Business Opportunities in Texas
Currently, Texas isn’t accepting licenses for new dispensaries. Business owners in states that prohibit cannabis have moved to cannabis-friendly towns and cities that allow out-of-state residents to have limited participation in the cannabis market. If you’re going to invest in a cannabis business, it’s important to know how they operate.
Check out these topics included in the How to Open a Cannabis Business and How to Open a Dispensary courses:
- Where to invest in the cannabis industry
- Marijuana growing and distributing standards
- How to run a responsible cannabis business
- Creating a business plan a pitch deck
- Forming a corporation/bank account
- Medical marijuana business insurance
- Finding a location/signing a lease/sample lease
- Transporting products
- Legal considerations
- Marketing and advertising
- Inventory management software/medical marijuana accounting
- Shutdown procedures
Marijuana as Medicine
If you’re interested in becoming a registered medical patient for low-THC cannabis and want to learn more about marijuana as a medicine, CTU’s Master of Cannabis program teaches you how to make the most of medical cannabis. Governor Greg Abbott recently expanded medical marijuana access to patients with multiple sclerosis, ALS, Parkinson’s disease, autism, terminal cancer, and multiple seizure disorders.
Medical patients are restricted to cannabis oil with less than 1 percent THC and more than 10 percent CBD content by weight. You can learn more about the therapeutic properties of cannabis compounds in CTU’s Medical Marijuana course. Enroll today to learn about the following topics:
There are over 300,000 jobs in the cannabis industry. CTU trained me for one of them!
- Johanna Rose
Makes $24.50 @ THC +
- The history of marijuana as medicine
- Endocannabinoid system/why is marijuana effective
- Administering cannabis
- Medical cannabis programs in the U.S. and Canada
- Common conditions treated with cannabis
Texas may have strict regulations on cannabis use and possession, but you are more than free to sign up for a nationally recognized cannabis training program in all 50 states. CTU is 100% legal worldwide.
If you’re ready to be one of the thousands of students who have completed CTU’s courses and found a cannabis career, enroll now to jump-start your cannabis education.
Enroll in Texas Cannabis College Today
Looking to start a marijuana business? Want to find a rewarding and exciting marijuana job in Texas? Enroll today at the Texas Cannabis College. Cannabis Training University has all the latest Texas cannabis laws and regulations and can help you land a Texas marijuana job or start a business.