TABLE OF CONTENTS
Making the most delicious weed candy at home is simple and affordable. Whether you plan to start from growing a cannabis seed or buying cannabis flower or concentrates, we’ve got the best weed candy recipe for you. It’s super easy and tasty.
What Is Weed Candy?
Cannabis candy is any candy (weed lollipops, gummies, chocolate, etc.) made with cannabis flower or concentrates. You can infuse the plant’s cannabinoids (THC and CBD) and terpenes into your favorite type of candy.
Benefits of marijuana candy:
- Long-lasting high
- Potent experience
- Sublingual absorption under the tongue for fast-acting effects
- Consistent dosing
What Makes the Best Weed Candy?
There are so many types of delicious candy out there. It’s impossible to name a definitive “best” candy. Everyone’s got their favorite. However, there are some general tips on how to make weed candy the best it can be.
- Use high-quality cannabis flower or concentrates. Consider the product’s cannabinoid and terpene concentration.
- Decarboxylate the material in the oven to activate its primary compounds (THC and CBD).
- Infuse cannabis into butter or oil to make a variety of cannabis recipes.
- Combine all the ingredients evenly. Well-mixed ingredients allow you to create consistent doses.
- Allow the candies to cool before removing them from molds.
- Store candy in a dry, dark, and cool space.
Cannabis candy recipes vary in ingredients, including cannabutter, cannabis oil, cannabis tincture, food coloring, corn syrup, and water. There’s an infinite range of delicious possibilities in the world of weed edibles.
The type of cooking equipment you need to make weed candy depends on the candy you will make. Here are a couple of common supplies you will need.
- Candy thermometer: A candy thermometer enables you to check the temperature of candy syrups. For instance, when making cannabis hard candy, you will need to know when the syrup is at its hard-crack stage (300º-310º F).
- Candy molds or baking sheets: Candy molds allow you to shape the infused ingredients into various shapes and forms. Molds make it easy to make lollipops, gummy bears, and chocolate bars.
- Lollipop sticks: Lollipop sticks can go inside lollipop molds.
- Candy wrappers: Candy wrappers can preserve the candy for later use.
- Microwave, stove, or oven: Whether you need to decarboxylate your ingredients or heat them, you will need one of these for your candy recipe.
How to Make Weed Gummy Bears
Cannabis gummies are some of the most popular infused products, available in a variety of flavors, colors, and shapes. Here, we’ll show you what you’ll need to make cannabis gummy bears and how to make them.
Ingredients for Weed Gummy Bears
Here’s what you need to make this edible gummies recipe.
Strength: 7-10 mg per gummy bear
- 1 gm cannabis extract
- 3 oz flavored gelatin
- 2 ml high-proof alcohol
- 2 gm unflavored gelatin
- ⅓ c water
- ¼ tsp citric acid
- ¼ c corn syrup
- Silicon gummy bear molds (100-count)
Instructions for Cannabis Gummies
Making weed gummy bears is easy. Just follow these steps to make this marijuana candy recipe:
- Add the cannabis extract to the warm alcohol and allow it to dissolve.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Slowly stir in the water and corn syrup.
- Let the mixture rest for 5 minutes.
- Microwave for 30 seconds.
- Add the extract and alcohol mixture.
- Microwave for 2 minutes, stirring gently every 15 seconds.
- Cool the ingredients for 15 minutes, stirring every few minutes.
- Spray the molds with a light coat of non-stick cooking spray.
- Gently pour the syrup into the molds.
- Cool the molds in a refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Remove the gummy bears from the molds and let them dehydrate at room temperature for three days, at most.
Safety Tips for Making These Weed Candy Recipes
Cannabis gummy bears and other types of candy look just like regular candy. These can get in the hands of children, pets, and other unsuspecting individuals if they are not properly labeled and stored.
When consuming cannabis edibles for the first time, start with a small dose (1-5 mg THC) and wait a couple of hours to feel the effects. Ideally, you would wait to take a slightly higher dose another day. Waiting a few hours between doses reduces the risk of overconsumption.
Become a Cannabis Cooking Expert at CTU
Pot candy is just one of many edibles and infusions you can make at home. Enroll in Cannabis Training University’s online cannabis college to learn how to make edibles and advanced techniques to create entire infused meals.