TABLE OF CONTENTS
Hot, crispy, savory, smoky, salty, and fatty bacon. That’s it. End of sentence. What could be better? For many, bacon is the epitome of culinary perfection, but what if it was infused with a high-potency dose of your favorite cannabis strain or concentrate? Now, we’re cookin’!
If you want to add an elevated touch to your morning grub, we’ve got the best weed bacon recipe to tickle your fancy. Best of all, you can save that leftover infused bacon fat to drizzle over your vegetables, omelet, soup, or any other breakfast, lunch, or dinner dish!
Here’s What You Need for Weed Bacon
Making weed bacon strips is super easy. You don’t need a lot of equipment or supplies to have the best breakfast ever!
- Baking sheet(s) or baking dish with see-through cover
- Oven mitt
- Oven thermometer (optional)
- Sliced bacon
- Ground cannabis
Prep Time: ~10 minutes
Cook Time: ~1 hour and 40 minutes
Servings: Varies depending on serving size
How to Decarboxylate Cannabis
If you want to use cannabis that has activated cannabinoids, decarboxylate the cannabis:
- Preheat the oven to 215º F.
- Grind the cannabis with a grinder or by hand and place it on a baking sheet. Ensure the cannabis is evenly spread across the surface.
- Put the baking sheet in the preheated oven.
- Allow the cannabis to heat for one hour and 20 minutes.
- After one hour and 20 minutes, turn off the heat and use an oven mitt to remove the baking sheet from the oven.
A baking dish with a see-through cover and an oven thermometer on top of the cannabis can provide better temperature control for more efficient decarboxylation.
Cannabis-Infused Bacon Recipe
Once you’ve decarbed your cannabis buds, it’s time to infuse them in each bacon strip. You can make a few strips or the whole package. It’s up to you!
- If you have two baking sheets available, you can spread your bacon strips on another ungreased cookie sheet while your cannabis is decarbing in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 275º F.
- Sprinkle the cooled-down, decarbed cannabis buds over both sides of the bacon strips. Make sure you spread the weed over the bacon evenly. How much you put on each strip depends on your desired potency.
- Put the baking sheet in the preheated oven.
- Allow the weed bacon strips to bake for 10 minutes on one side.
- Carefully flip the hot cannabis bacon strips and allow the strips to bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet with an oven mitt and let them cool.
Now, you can enjoy the most delicious weed bacon you’ve ever had.
Make the ultimate pot brownies!
How to Use Bacon Grease
We’ve all been guilty of throwing out the bacon fat after cooking a few slices for breakfast. But did you know that this part of everyone’s favorite morning side dish can be used to add a meaty and smoky flavor to pretty much anything? Now you do!
A small spoonful of weed-infused bacon fat has too many uses to list. Ultimately, you’re only limited by your imagination and cooking skills. If you want to feel inspired to add this stoney bacon fat to your dishes, here are a few bacon fat ideas to get you started.
Cannabis-infused popcorn can liven up any movie or tv show, and it’s easy to make. Place a saucepan over medium heat, add your bacon grease and popcorn, cook, cover, and stir until the kernels start to pop. Cover the pan until the pops slow down to two seconds between pops.
It’s not delivery. It’s cannabis-infused pizza with a hint of bacon! It’s super easy to add a burst of smoky flavor to your homemade pizza crust. All you have to do is brush the crust with the leftover fat to experience a pizza pie high.
Seasoned Cast Iron
While seasoning your cast iron with bacon grease won’t add too much flavor or cannabinoids to your food, it can help give your food a good sear, making it taste all that much better. After washing your cast iron, dry it over medium heat and rub in some bacon fat with a paper towel.
Give your loaded mashed potatoes a dose of THC by stirring in some bacon grease. The fat can supplement or substitute for butter in your recipe.
There are over 300,000 jobs in the cannabis industry. CTU trained me for one of them!
- Johanna Rose
Makes $24.50 @ THC +
Instead of drizzling olive oil over your veggies before roasting, use weed-infused bacon fat. Just add some bacon fat to the pan. Once the fat has melted in the oven, pull the pan out and stir the melted fat onto every part of your veggies. Who knew eating healthy could be so tasty?!
Learn More Cannabis Recipes at Cannabis Training University
Infusing THC or CBD into your favorite food and drinks is easier than you think. Enroll in Cannabis Training University’s online expert training to learn how to grow cannabis, how to cook with cannabis, and possibly start your career as a cannabis chef!
Learn a wide range of sweet and savory cannabis recipes and become a Master of Marijuana with CTU’s affordable training. Enroll today!