TABLE OF CONTENTS
How much do marijuana seeds cost? No matter your budget, you have plenty of marijuana seed options. Cannabis seeds can be affordable or expensive, depending on what you’re going for. Learn how much marijuana seeds cost with our seed price guide that breaks down the factors that affect seed price and how you can score excellent marijuana seed deals.
What Are Marijuana Seeds?
When planted in a suitable growing medium, cannabis seeds germinate into cannabis plants and produce flower buds covered in resinous trichomes. In the right environment, roots can break through the seed’s outer shell and begin the growth process.
Cannabis seeds contain all of the plant’s genetic information that influences the physical traits of the cannabis plant. Cannabis breeders may cross specific cannabis genetics to produce a strain with all their desirable qualities.
When choosing between cannabis seeds, you will run across the following types of cannabis seeds:
- Feminized – Feminized cannabis seeds only produce female, flowering plants.
- Regular – Regular cannabis seeds can either produce a male or female plant.
- Autoflowering – Autoflowering seeds produce plants that do not require a change in the light cycle to begin flowering.
Each has its advantages and disadvantages. No matter what seed type you choose, you will most likely be considering its price before buying. Overall, cannabis seeds are affordable and can be affordably shipped to many countries.
Learn how to grow weed from seed in 10 easy steps with our blog post.
How Much Do Marijuana Seeds Cost?
Cannabis seeds vary in price depending on various factors, including genetics, amount of seeds, breeder, potency, and trends. Seed prices can range from just a few bucks to over $100 per seed.
Factors That Affect the Price of Marijuana Seeds
Understanding the factors that influence the price of cannabis seeds can help you find the best deal.
Quality genetics can fetch a higher price than your run-of-the-mill varieties. Still, you can get quality seeds for an affordable price if you buy from a reputable seed bank or breeder. High-quality seeds are more expensive to account for the breeder’s years-long journey at creating a stable, flavorful, and aromatic strain.
Our blog post shares tips on how to tell if a weed seed is good.
Cannabis seed prices are also affected by supply and demand. Prices may increase if a particular strain is in high demand or has a low availability. Similarly, cannabis market trends can influence which seeds go for a higher price.
Generally, seeds with higher THC concentrations cost more than ones with lower THC levels. Cannabidiol (CBD) is another popular cannabinoid that influences the seed price. High CBD levels are more expensive than low CBD concentrations.
The amount of time, money, and labor spent on making each seed reflects its price. For example, regular seeds are more affordable because they do not require extensive breeding to create a stable feminized or autoflowering seed. These seeds are more expensive.
How to Find Cheap Marijuana Seeds
Growing cannabis at home doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg. Many growers have had great results with a budget grow space. Whether growing indoors or outdoors, there are ways to save money without sacrificing bud quality.
High-quality cannabis seeds are the foundation for top-notch bud, so you don’t want to scrimp on seeds. However, you can definitely find great prices and deals if you do your homework.
Here are some tips and tricks to finding affordable and quality cannabis seeds:
- Buy directly from seed banks and growers – Avoid buying cannabis seeds from third-party sites. Instead, buy directly from the source to get the lowest price.
- Shop for discounts and deals – Sign up for online seed bank newsletters to be the first to know about discounts and special offers.
- Know when to buy – Online seed banks often have special deals during holidays. Be on the lookout for discounts for 420, Christmas, 4th of July, and other celebrations.
- Compare prices – Compare prices of the seed you want from different seed banks. That’s the best way to find the lowest price.
- Choose affordable shipping options – Opt for standard shipping whenever possible to save on cannabis seeds.
Ready to buy cannabis seeds? Check out our blog on cannabis seed banks that ship to the USA.
Growing cannabis at home is easy and affordable. Learn how to turn your indoor or outdoor space into an optimal cannabis environment. CTU’s Master of Cannabis Certification program provides an in-depth cannabis education covering cultivation, cooking, extraction, laws, medicine, careers, and business.
Enroll in CTU’s online cannabis college today!