TABLE OF CONTENTS
Get hired in the largest cannabis market in the world by completing the best budtender certification in California. California’s medical and recreational market depends on knowledgeable budtenders to help customers find the relief they need. There's no better way to join the Golden State's green rush than with a California budtender certification.
Cannabis Training University: Golden State Certification
California does not require budtenders to complete any specific job training. However, budtender certification is an increasingly valuable skill that hiring managers are looking for. Cannabis Training University covers all major areas of the industry, not just budtending topics. As a budtender, you need a complete understanding of the industry to grow your career.
If you're on a budget but still want quality online education, CTU can provide you with an industry-leading curriculum at a significantly lower price point than other cannabis colleges. A relatively small upfront investment in your future gives you access to the most in-depth industry training on the market.
Most budtender certification courses only cover safe dispensing practices. Go beyond budtender training with CTU’s hundreds of lessons and videos. Gain real industry insight from the world's top growers, budtenders, extraction technicians, and doctors. CTU offers more courses and information than all other cannabis colleges. Course topics include:
- Cannabis cultivation
- Cannabis careers
- Cooking with cannabis
- Medicine and cannabis
- Cannabis business
- Cannabis laws
Enrollment gets you one year of access to tons of course content, ebooks, and videos. Learn as fast or as slow as you want without the stress of scheduled quizzes or exams. Balance all of your responsibilities with flexible and remote education on-demand. Access course content 24/7. Whether you live in Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Diego, Sacramento, or any other city in California, you have the flexibility of getting online and learning when it’s most convenient for you. Your schedule is in your hands.
As the world's most renowned cannabis certification college, CTU offers certification that is sure to impress dispensary managers. In fact, CTU has more graduates than any other cannabis school. In addition, there are more CTU students in cannabis jobs than all other cannabis colleges. CTU has become synonymous with top-of-the-line cannabis education.
Requirements to Work as a Budtender in California
If you want to work in a California medical or recreational dispensary, you must first meet these minimum legal requirements:
- You must be at least 21 years of age
- You must pass a background check
- One supervisor and one employee must successfully complete a Cal/OSHA 30-hour General Industry Outreach course
On top of the legal requirements, there are certain qualifications you must meet, which vary by the dispensary. Here are a few common qualifications/requirements that dispensary managers are looking for:
- Friendly and helpful
- At least one year of customer service or retail experience
- Part-time or full-time availability
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Strong communication skills
- Bilingual (preferred)
- Local applicants (preferred)
- Cannabis industry experience (preferred)
Generally, most budtenders won’t need to complete any industry training to work in a dispensary. Once these requirements are met, your employer will issue you an ID badge. Then, you’re ready to start working!
Getting Hired as a Budtender in California
California’s cannabis market is the largest in the world, which means there’s plenty of dispensary jobs available. In this highly-competitive market, getting hired as a budtender is no easy feat. However, there are ways to make your job hunt easier. Here's how you can catch the eye of hiring managers at dispensaries.
- Enroll in budtender training: Budtenders must be knowledgeable about different strains, products, delivery methods, and cannabis effects. Online budtender training teaches you all of this and more. Industry certification ensures you come across as knowledgeable in the interview and when helping customers.
- Network: In California's fast-paced market, budtender jobs are highly coveted. Often, jobs become available by word-of-mouth before they’re posted online or in industry publications. Be the first one in line to get the job by mingling with local business owners and their employees. Attend local networking events and trade shows. Take advantage of online career profiles and forums to stay up-to-date with industry developments.
- Apply: Once you’ve found a dispensary that's hiring, send in your resume and cover letter with your application. Follow up for a week (and then for a final time a week after that) if you don't hear back. All the while, keep applying to dispensaries you'd like to work at. Check online job boards every day, since jobs can go by in a flash.
Get a Budtender Certification
California's fast-growing market is always looking for top talent to work in medical and recreational dispensaries. Do you have what it takes to get started as a California budtender? Are you looking to up your skills and experience to blow the competition away?
Enroll in Cannabis Training University’s online cannabis education program today!
CTU gives you the educational foundation and tools you need to work in the California cannabis market. Add an invaluable skill to your resume and cover letter when you become certified at CTU. Don't wait any longer. Enroll today!